Master of Engineering Practice (Power Systems Engineering)
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
Online & on-campus
- No dates available
As Australia’s #1 university for graduate starting salary (Good Universities Guide, 2022), University of Southern Queensland is the right place to make real progress. Regardless of your education history, your age or your aspirations, at UniSQ you’ll be inspired by quality learning experiences matched with top resources and research. Having delivered distance and online learning for over 40+ years, UniSQ supports you to learn at your own pace—exactly how it suits you.
Learn more about USQ.
Explore USQ courses.
QS Ranking 2024
Times Higher Education Ranking 2024
What you'll learn
On completion of this program students should be able to:
- justify, evaluate and illustrate the professional attributes, competencies and capabilities that will lead to recognition by Engineers Australia as a professional engineer
- acquire expert and specialised cognitive and technical skills and competencies in one of the following fields: Civil Engineering; Electrical and Electronic Engineering; Environmental Engineering, Mechanical Engineering; Power Systems Engineering, Public Works and Infrastructure, or Structural Engineering
- demonstrate and/or acquire an advanced and integrated understanding of a complex body of knowledge and theories, concepts and processes in their chosen discipline as a professional engineer
- critically analyse, reflect and synthesise information to interpret and transmit knowledge, skills and ideas to a variety of professional and non-professional audiences
- meet eligibility to apply for Stage 1 Professional Engineer membership of Engineers Australia and to benchmark competency attributes to Engineers Australia Stage 2 Experienced Professional Engineer.
With your graduate expertise, you’ll be able to secure a career as a Professional Engineer. With your applied experience, you have the opportunity to work with some of Australia’s biggest companies or venture overseas to work for a global engineering corporation.
Professional recognitionThe program is accredited by Engineers Australia and graduates are eligible for Graduate membership at the Professional Engineer level.
Completion of an Australian university three year Bachelor degree in the area of engineering science or engineering technology in the relevant cognate major or equivalent and a minimum of five years' professional work experience or equivalent + English Language Proficiency
On campus requirementsResidential School/s
Credit for previous study or work
If you are an Engineering Technologist and have more than 5 years industry experience under your belt, then UniSQ's Master of Engineering Practice (Power Systems Engineering) will give you the necessary qualification to be eligible for Professional Engineer registration with Engineers Australia. Right from the beginning you will be able to use the knowledge and skills you have already gained in the workplace to complete your first year core units. Through self-assessment and workplace portfolios you will demonstrate how you may already meet Engineers Australia’s competencies and identify the technical courses you will need to complete in order to graduate.
Degree structure details
Recommended Study Pattern
The Enrolment Pattern for this program will be updated soon. In the meantime, please submit your contact details below for us to reach out and discuss the program further.