Master of Cyber Security (Business Application)
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
As Australia’s #1 university for graduate starting salary (Good Universities Guide, 2022), University of Southern Queensland is the right place to make real progress. Regardless of your education history, your age or your aspirations, at UniSQ you’ll be inspired by quality learning experiences matched with top resources and research. Having delivered distance and online learning for over 40+ years, UniSQ supports you to learn at your own pace—exactly how it suits you.
Learn more about USQ.
Explore USQ courses.
QS Ranking 2024
Times Higher Education Ranking 2024
What you'll learn
Upon successful completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Expertly synthesise and apply advanced Cyber Security specific knowledge, including contemporary and emerging theories and concepts, to a range of business contexts and scenarios;
- Critically examine, analyse, implement and articulate a range of innovative solutions to a variety of real-life Cyber-Security business scenarios;
- Apply specialised cognitive and technical skills to investigate, critically reflect and synthesise complex ideas at an abstract level;
- Effectively work in a project environment by contributing to the successful completion of a Cyber Security project.;
- Employ a range of oral, written and digital literacies to transmit complex Cyber Security knowledge in professional and scholarly contexts to a diverse audience;
- Apply principles of integrity and high calibre ethical behaviour in accordance with academic, industry and professional standards.
You will graduate ready to apply your knowledge to a range of contexts and scenarios in government, law enforcement and industry. Implement your skills as a cyber security professional and begin your career as an ethical hacker, digital forensic analyst, security auditor, security software developer, cryptographer, cryptanalyst, security consultant or IT Manager.
Completed Bachelor Degree or equivalent + English Language Proficiency
Credit for previous study or work
UniSQ's Master of Cyber Security (Business Application) enables you to appropriately and effectively respond to cyber threats to limit the impact on business activities and performance. Discover what motivates cyber criminals, and delve into digital forensic investigations after a security breach and learn how to manage these in an organisational context. Graduates will be able to make ethical decisions in regards to privacy and security in big data visualisation projects as well as analyse the strengths and challenges of data mining techniques to detect cyber security incidents in business environments.
Degree structure details
Recommended Study Pattern
The Enrolment Pattern for this program will be updated soon. In the meantime, please submit your contact details below for us to reach out and discuss the program further.