Bachelor of Science (Honours) (Environment & Sustainability)
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
As Australia’s #1 university for graduate starting salary (Good Universities Guide, 2022), University of Southern Queensland is the right place to make real progress. Regardless of your education history, your age or your aspirations, at UniSQ you’ll be inspired by quality learning experiences matched with top resources and research. Having delivered distance and online learning for over 40+ years, UniSQ supports you to learn at your own pace—exactly how it suits you.
Learn more about USQ.
Explore USQ courses.
QS Ranking 2024
Times Higher Education Ranking 2024
What you'll learn
Upon completion of the Honours program, graduates should be able to:
1. demonstrate high levels of proficiency in research and specific methodology including research planning and implementation, analysis, interpretation and evaluation of research results, and the presentation and communication of research findings
2. demonstrate a commitment to the ethical and social responsibilities of a practising scientist
3. develop the professional identity that leads to autonomy, well-developed judgement, adaptability and responsibility as a practitioner or scientist in their discipline
4. analyse critically, evaluate and transform information in order to develop solutions to complex problems in their chosen specialist area
5. demonstrate advanced knowledge and skills for work as a Professional or to proceed to PhD study subject to competitive evaluation of qualifications
Industries and employers you may find yourself working for include the resources/mining industries, national parks, universities, defence organisations, CSIRO, state and federal government departments, the Australian Bureau of Meteorology and many other organisations contributing to sustainable utilisation and management of our natural resources.
Higher education via OUARelevant recently completed Bachelor Degree + GPA over 5.00
Credit for previous study or work
Building on your Bachelor of Science (Environment & Sustainability) degree, you will have the opportunity to increase your knowledge through research. You will conduct, and report on, a research project under the supervision of a staff member with the appropriate expertise. The Honours program will give you an appreciation of the professional standards required of the practising scientist, and the ethical challenges presented by modern science and technology. You will also participate in research teams, be introduced to advanced experimental and literature research methods, and have opportunities to make contact with the wider scientific community in the local region, elsewhere in Australia and overseas.