Your upfront cost: $0
- 28 Jun 2021
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Describe the industry (different players, types of agencies, media, regulation etc).
- Explain how advertising works.
- Evaluate advertising with appropriate measures and methodologies.
- Formulate appropriate objectives, strategies, plans and budgets.
- Industry History and Regulation
- How the Mind Works
- Theories of How Advertising Works
- Creative: Briefing and Branding
- Media: Best Practice Media Scheduling
- Measuring Advertising
- Media: Where to Advertise – Choosing between Media
- Creative: Strategies and Tactics for Effective Ads
- Media: How Much to Spend on Advertising
- Working with Agencies
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
Get an insight into the advertising industry, learn how advertising works, and discover the way professionals evaluate the effectiveness of advertising and media. Build the skills to manage the advertising function for your organisation, which includes media planning, scheduling, testing, and reporting.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a second-year course from UniSA Online’s Marketing degree. Please note: you are responsible for completing any relevant prerequisite courses before enrolling in this course.
- 1500 words (35%)
- 3000 words (65%)
Current study term: 27 Jun 21 to 03 Sep 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.