Your upfront cost: $0
- 26 Jun 2023
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
Learn more about UniSA.
Explore UniSA courses.
QS Ranking 2023
Times Higher Education Ranking 2023
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Describe the industry (different players, types of agencies, media, regulation etc).
- Explain how advertising works.
- Evaluate advertising with appropriate measures and methodologies.
- Formulate appropriate objectives, strategies, plans and budgets.
- Industry History and Regulation
- How the Mind Works
- Theories of How Advertising Works
- Creative: Briefing and Branding
- Media: Best Practice Media Scheduling
- Measuring Advertising
- Media: Where to Advertise – Choosing between Media
- Creative: Strategies and Tactics for Effective Ads
- Media: How Much to Spend on Advertising
- Working with Agencies
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
Get an insight into the advertising industry, learn how advertising works, and discover the way professionals evaluate the effectiveness of advertising and media. Build the skills to manage the advertising function for your organisation, which includes media planning, scheduling, testing, and reporting.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a second-year course from UniSA Online’s Marketing degree. Please note: you are responsible for completing any relevant prerequisite courses before enrolling in this course.
Should your course have an exam it will be scheduled for Australian Central Standard Time or Australian Central Daylight Time, depending on the time of the year.
- Essay - 1500 words (35%)
- Report - 3000 words (65%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).