Promotional Communication: Advertising, Publicity and Marketing
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
Learn more about UniSA.
Explore UniSA courses.
QS Ranking 2023
Times Higher Education Ranking 2023
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Apply theoretical approaches to the study of promotional communication using complex scenarios and case studies.
- Comprehend and apply the rationale for selecting a specific promotional creative and media strategy through analysis of theories of audiences, audience processing, brand positioning and media affordances.
- Develop an integrated approach to promotional communication in which communication objectives are addressed and achieved using a variety of tools and techniques.
- You’ll study the following topics:
- Message contexts
- Discourse analysis
- Agenda setting and framing
- Public opinion formation and content analysis
- Applied promotional communication
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
In this course, you’ll develop your knowledge of how promotional activities are used and produced in a contemporary society. You’ll examine the practices and processes of promotional activity in diverse organisations using historical and contemporary case studies. Develop your creative and critical thinking about promotional culture and its role in industry, government and the not-for-profit sector, and exhibit creativity and originality in the production of promotional material.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a third-year course from UniSA Online’s Bachelor of Communication degree. Please note: you are responsible for completing any relevant prerequisite courses before enrolling in this course.
- Continuous assessment (60%)
- Project (40%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).