How to become a credit loan officer
What does a credit loan officer do?Credit and Loan Officers can either help people get the credit that they need or tell them that they are too high of a risk to extend them credit. They must analyse credit reports and credit scores after receiving credit and loan applications from potential borrowers. It is essential that they can separate themselves from the potential borrower in order to make a prudent decision for the lender.
Duties and tasks
- Analyse customer information, credit reports and credit scores.
- Answer customers questions about credit, loans or status of their accounts.
- Approve or decline credit and loan applications.
- Check customers employment records and income data.
- Contact financial institutions regarding customers accounts.
- Make inquiries to customers references.
- Prepare financial documents for repossessions or foreclosure.
- Record payments and prepare loan and credit documents.
- Report customers credit standings to upstanding reporting agencies.
- Send letters for delinquent loans.
- Accounting clerk
- Administrative assistant
- Bank teller
- Credit officer
- Customer service manager
- Customer service officer
- Financial dealer
- Financial planner
Discover related degrees
Discover related subjects
Step up your career with these resources
Is a career in project management right for you?
Do you get a kick out of thinking big and getting things done? You could make a great project manager.
Are microcredentials worth it?
You can study a microcredential in just about any industry, from healthcare and education to business and marketing. Here’s why these skills-based short courses are worth your time.
5 qualities that make you a leader vs a manager
While managers dole out tasks, leaders take things a step further by inspiring everyone around them. Discover how you can become this kind of leader, no matter where you work.
We're here to guide you there
Our student advisors can assist you with enrolment, help you plan your studies, and answer questions about how studying through Open Universities Australia can get you from where you are today, to where you want to be tomorrow.