How to become a financial dealer
Pathways to this career
- Complete an accredited undergraduate degree in finance, accounting, economics or business
- Already studied an undergraduate degree? Advance your new career as a financial dealer by completing a postgraduate finance degree
- Apply for a relevant licence from the from theAustralian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC). Once you prove your qualifications and experience, you'll be able to trade as a financial dealer.
What does a financial dealer do?Financial dealers buy and sell commodities and securities for profit under their own name. They monitor the financial marketplace and use their own capital for transactions. Because of constant market fluctuations and high-value transactions, finance dealers often contend with high-stress and high-risk situations.
Duties and tasks
- Make transactions in commodities and securities.
- Ensure all transactions meet the legal requirements.
- Monitor markets and stay up-to-date with trends.
- Interpret financial and market information.
- Prepare documents such as reports and statements.
- Australian Financial Markets Association
- Financial Planning Association of Australia
- The Financial Services Institute of Australasia
Discover related degrees
Discover related subjects
Step up your career with these resources
What is an occupational therapist and what do they do?
Occupational therapists play a crucial role in healthcare. But what exactly do they do, and how can you follow this rewarding career path? Let’s find out.
Dietitian vs nutritionist in Australia: What’s the difference?
Want to help people make healthier food choices? Get to know the nutrition experts who guide us on everything from macros to calories for a living.
Adriana is using her nutrition degree to make a difference
With her Bachelor of Food and Nutrition, Adriana educates others about the impact food can have on the body.