Graduate Certificate in Business
Gain confidence in the business world
Forge a path towards the career you’ve always dreamed of. Build practical skills in economics, marketing, accounting and business management, along with analytical skills in research. Continue studying towards your MBA.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
Southern Cross University believes in the power of change. Their graduates stride the global stage at the frontline of healthcare, transforming education in the classroom, and tackling the world’s wicked problems with scientific and engineering solutions. Students enjoy award winning support, teaching quality, and online delivery. Ranked among the best for many years, they will help you make the change you seek to transform your tomorrow.
Learn more about SCU.
QS Ranking 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
At the end of the program, students of the Graduate Certificate in Business can:
- Apply skills and knowledge across core business functions, including economics, marketing, accounting and business management.
- Critically evaluate accounting information contained in financial statements and management accounting reports to inform decisions.
- Interpret quantitative analysis to inform business decisions using quantitative analytic techniques.
- Critically analyse workplace behaviour, and evaluate the complex factors relevant to the study of an organisation’s design, culture and change.
- Understand key theories and concepts in management communication.
Developing leadership and management skills can help set you up for executive roles across a broad spectrum of industries, like business, finance, accounting, marketing, operations, human resources, tourism and corporate sustainability.
A Graduate Certificate can be the first steps to completing your MBA, with credit awarded for the subjects of study upon successful completion of your degree.
To qualify for entry to the Graduate Certificate in Business online, you must have:
- Demonstrated professional standing – a Bachelor’s degree (or similar qualification) from an eligible university, or have other experience that we regard as equivalent to a degree.
- Be proficient in English.
Studying online requires:
- A PC or Mac with the latest operating system
- A fast, reliable internet connection
- The latest version of Internet Explorer, Chrome or Firefox
- the Blackboard app
Sometimes, specific software or textbooks are required.
Depending on previous work experience or study, you may be eligible to receive advanced standing against some of your subjets of study — letting you graduate sooner, for less. Learn more about the process of applying for advanced standing at Southern Cross University.
Upskill with a Graduate Certificate in Business from Southern Cross University. Be introduced to the key principles in economics, marketing, accounting and business management practice.
The flexible, online learning structure is designed for the working professional, so you can complete your qualification in as little as eight months part-time.
Recommended Study Pattern
- Accounting for Managers
- Management Communication
- Organisational Behaviour
- Economics and Quantitative Analysis
To be eligible students need to successfully complete all four subjects from Part A or at least two of these subjects and up to two substitute subjects as approved by the Course Coordinator. The subjects studied can be credited towards a Graduate Diploma in Business or a Master of Business Administration.