How to become an accounting clerk
What does an accounting clerk do?
Duties and tasks
- Analyse and store financial data using a range of accounting software programmes.
- Prepare financial reports, operating budgets and profit and loss statements.
- Justify all business account expenses, reconcile invoices, payments and banking statements.
- Prepare inventory statements.
- Process bills for unpaid accounts.
- CPA Australia
- Institute of Public Accountants
- Tax Practitioners Board
- Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand
Discover related courses
Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting)
- Level 2 Major Subjects
- Level 3 Major Subjects
Step up your career with these resources
Upskilling or reskilling now will give you more career options
Thanks to the pandemic, new technologies and calls for social progress, the world of work is changing. How will you stay ahead in your industry?
Edward on how OUA helped progress his career
When he realised the ease of online study, Edward's goals went from squeezing through with a 'pass', to achieving excellent marks.
The checklist to prepare your career for the 2020s
With the turn of the decade, and today's speedy technology advances, here's how employees can approach the next 10 years in the workforce feeling prepared, not panicked.