How to become an accounting clerk
Get on the accounting tools to administer financial activities including accounts payable and accounts receivable, payroll and taxes.
What does an accounting clerk do?
Duties and tasks
- Analyse and store financial data using a range of accounting software programmes.
- Prepare financial reports, operating budgets and profit and loss statements.
- Justify all business account expenses, reconcile invoices, payments and banking statements.
- Prepare inventory statements.
- Process bills for unpaid accounts.
- CPA Australia
- Institute of Public Accountants
- Tax Practitioners Board
- Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand
Discover accounting courses online
Discover online accounting subjects
Step up your career with these resources
Not sure what to say when negotiating your salary? Follow these tips from career strategist Kelly Magowan next time you need to make your case with an employer.
Do you get a kick out of thinking big and getting things done? You could make a great project manager.
You can study a microcredential in just about any industry, from healthcare and education to business and marketing. Here’s why these skills-based short courses are worth your time.
While managers dole out tasks, leaders take things a step further by inspiring everyone around them. Discover how you can become this kind of leader, no matter where you work.
We're here to guide you there
Our student advisors can assist you with enrolment, help you plan your studies, and answer questions about how studying through Open Universities Australia can get you from where you are today, to where you want to be tomorrow.