How to become an accounting clerk
What does an accounting clerk do?
Duties and tasks
- Analyse and store financial data using a range of accounting software programmes.
- Prepare financial reports, operating budgets and profit and loss statements.
- Justify all business account expenses, reconcile invoices, payments and banking statements.
- Prepare inventory statements.
- Process bills for unpaid accounts.
- CPA Australia
- Institute of Public Accountants
- Tax Practitioners Board
- Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand
Discover accounting courses online
Discover online accounting subjects
Step up your career with these resources
Is a career in project management right for you?
Do you get a kick out of thinking big and getting things done? You could make a great project manager.
Are microcredentials worth it?
You can study a microcredential in just about any industry, from healthcare and education to business and marketing. Here’s why these skills-based short courses are worth your time.
5 qualities that make you a leader vs a manager
While managers dole out tasks, leaders take things a step further by inspiring everyone around them. Discover how you can become this kind of leader, no matter where you work.