Economics for Managers
Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
- 12 Jul 2021
Australia’s fourth oldest university, the University of Tasmania, is highly regarded internationally for teaching and academic excellence. The university offers more than 100 undergraduate degrees and more than 50 postgraduate programs across a range of disciplines. The university offers students a diverse range of opportunities, the chance to learn from leading experts, and excellent preparation for their future careers.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
- Understand key economic concepts and their application in a business environment.
- Apply the economic way of thinking to explain simple economic events, decisions and actions.
- Communicate economic analyses and provide relevant recommendations for business and/or government policy decision making.
- Demand and supply
- Efficiency, demand elasticities
- Production costs
- Perfect competition
- Measuring the size of the economy
- Inflation and unemployment
- A simple model of the macroeconomy
- Semester test (no lecture or workshop this week)
- Monetary policy
- The international economy
Available as "Open Access" with the requirement of a Bachelors degree.
No special requirements
This subject provides managers with an introduction to a comprehensive range of key microeconomic and macroeconomic topics. The emphasis is on the practical application of basic economic concepts and models to real world business oriented problems. The subject will develop your ability to apply the economic way of thinking to solving problems within a firm and to understand the economic environment in which they operate.
- Test (25%%)
- Final Exam (60%%)
- Test (15%%)
Current study term: 11 Jul 21 to 17 Oct 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.