Why study Media Studies online?
Hone your critical thinking during your media studies major.
Step through the silver screen to meet cinema’s great auteurs. Tune into TV formats and programs. Thumb the pages of newspaper history to explore print media’s relationship with technology. Understanding Media Studies is helpful for anyone working in communications, digital, and marketing.
Studying online means that you can apply what you learn to all the media you engage with during your day-to-day.
Media Studies highlights
- Understand issues relating to media production and consumption.
- Develop research and analytical skills.
- Explore media from historical, social and cultural contexts.
Media Studies specialisations
- Critically evaluate technological implications.
- Engage with new media tools and developments.
- Build cultural engagement and understanding.
Major in media studies
Bachelor of Arts
- Major in Art History
- Major in Chinese Language
- Major in Creative Writing
- Major in Criminal Justice
- Major in History
- Major in Journalism
- Major in Literature
- Major in Media Studies
- Major in Public Relations
- Major in Screen Culture
- Major in Sociology
Study media studies single subjects
- Bachelor of Arts (Librarianship and Corporate Information Management)
- Bachelor of Arts (Professional Writing and Publishing)
- Bachelor of Arts (Screen Arts)
- Bachelor of Arts (Internet Communications)
- Bachelor of Arts (Internet Communications and Professional Writing and Publishing)
- Bachelor of Arts (Creative Writing)
Why study online through OUA?
Find the right course for you
We can guide you in your selection from 290+ degrees, and 1,570+ subjects, from leading Australian unis.
Start studying, regardless of history
We offer single undergraduate subjects from full degrees without any entry requirements.
Gain credit towards your degree
Apply for credit for past study, or your work experience, and finish faster.
Graduate with a degree from a leading uni
Enrol through us, and graduate with exactly the same university degree as on-campus students.
Feel supported from start to finish
Our student advisors can guide you in the right direction and help with your enrolment.
Get going with OUA
Compare and apply
We’ll help you find the right course for you. Our student advisors are ready to answer your questions.
Work out your finances
During your enrolment, we’ll offer you the option to pay upfront in full, or defer your payment using a student loan. Remember to look into income tax deductions for course fees and study-related expenses.
Get credit for your success
We won’t let your hard work go unrecognised. Choose to take a single subject, or combine your work as part of a degree.