Warning! This is a restricted degree. Subject enrolment is only available to students admitted into this degree.
Undergraduate Certificate in Interior Design
Your first foray in interior design
Study 4 core subjects in interior design, history and methods—and get entry and credit in Curtin’s Bachelor Degree. Dabble in designing interior spaces. Strive for quality interior environments. Explore the role of the interior architect.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
This undergraduate certificate aims to enable students to:
- apply principles and concepts of interior architecture in a variety of contexts relevant to paraprofessional work and/or further learning
- apply critical and creative thinking and problem solving skills to generate innovative solutions to interior architecture problems
- use technology appropriately to communicate effectively with clients, retailers, and other design professionals, including other interior architects
- consider global perspectives on interior architecture
- demonstrate respect for Indigenous values, cultures and knowledges and consider Indigenous perspectives on interior architecture and the use of spaces
- work professionally in teams and independently, and demonstrate life-long learning skills.
This undergraduate certificate has no entry requirements and is open to everyone.
During your application
We’ll ask you to provide your education history. It’s for government data collection only and will not impact your application.
Skip the questions in the Entry Requirements section by selecting Higher Education. Then enter “n/a” in all the Previous Higher Education Studies boxes.
Although you'll need to consent to an academic results search, we won't conduct it when we process your application.
Interior designers work to ensure quality environments for a diverse range of users and functions. The Higher Education Certificate Interior Design prepares students in the world of design and leads students into the Bachelor of Applied Science (Interior Architecture).
To qualify for the Undergraduate Certificate in Interior Design students must complete four core subjects.
You can apply direct through Open Universities Australia.
Once you've checked your eligibility, apply and enrol for this degree following the steps.
Select “See subjects”
Choose subjects to begin your application. You can choose 1 or 2 subjects to start.
Complete your details
Provide your details and select a funding option. You can pay up-front or apply for government funding in your application.
We're here to help answer your questions. Our friendly student advisors provide 7 day support.