Bachelor of Construction Management
Schedule a constructive, sustainable career.
Construct a solid career foundation studying the built environment. Learn to build low rise residential and light commercial buildings. Craft surveying, planning and management skills. Connect with the construction business and join industry networks.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
Times Higher Education Ranking
You will put your technical and practical skills into practice as a construction professional to analyse problems concisely, meet administrative requirements, and understand the ideas and skills of allied disciplines.
To give you a solid grounding at the start of your degree, you will begin with introductory courses including construction management and materials and economics and law for construction professionals.
For your intermediate and advanced studies you will develop your technical, analytical and practical skills in areas such as:
- scheduling and estimating
- contract administration
- building and quantity surveying
- sustainable construction and construction environmental science
Careers to consider include:
- construction manager
- construction planner
- quantity surveyor
- building surveyor
This UniSA Online degree is currently available for Commonwealth supported students.
- Applicants are required to fulfil at least one of the following requirements with a competitive result and meet any other academic requirements for the program:
- successfully completed equivalent to a minimum of half a year of full-time study of a higher education program at a recognised higher education provider
- completed an award from a registered training organisation at Certificate IV level or above passed a UniSA Online literacy and numeracy test and have relevant work experience
- completed a secondary education qualification equivalent to SACE, such as an interstate year 12 or international qualification
- completed a UniSA Foundation Studies Program or equivalent
- qualified for Special Entry
For more information please contact an OUA Student advisor on 1300 729 424
Information regarding credit can be found here:
Study construction management On Demand with UniSA Online and take full control over your study. Access support seven days a week, engage with course content from day one, view learning resources 24/7, and log into the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This 100% online construction management degree is your gateway to career opportunities in the low rise residential and light commercial buildings sector of the construction industry.
This degree has been developed in consultation with industry accreditation bodies, including: Australian Institute of Building (AIB), Australian Institute of Building Surveyors (AIBS), Australian Institute of Quantity Surveyors (AIQS) and Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
While you are studying you can connect with construction companies and develop your networking skills through BOSS (Builders’ Organisation for Students and Staff). BOSS provides training, personal development and industry-based networking opportunities for UniSA students and staff in the construction management and economics disciplines.
Recommended Study Pattern
Note: The program structure is subject to change at any time. (Information correct as at October 2017)
- Critical Approaches to Online Learning (CURR 3021)*
*This subject is common to all UniSA Online degrees and will be offered multiple times each year to enable students to commence their program of study at any time. Students who are studying part-time must take this subject first before they study any other subjects in their chosen degree. Students who are studying full time may take this subject and one other subject in the same study period.
- Introduction to Construction Management (BUIL 1027)
- Construction Communication (BUIL 1025) , Note(s): 1
- Construction 1 (CIVE 1005)
- Construction Materials (CIVE 1006)
- Economics for Construction Professionals (BUIL 1026)
- Structures 1 (CIVE 1007)
- Introduction to Contract Administration (BUIL 2029)
- Construction Scheduling (BUIL 2028)
- Construction 2 (CIVE 2014)
- Quantity Surveying Practice 1 (BUIL 1028)
- Contract Administration (BUIL 3024)
- Structures 2 (CIVE 2016)
- Building Estimating (BUIL 1024)
- Building Services (CIVE 2013)
- Construction Cost Planning (BUIL 2027)
- Development Regulation (BUIL 4030)
- Sustainable Construction (CIVE 3016)
- Development Economics (BUIL 3025)
- Construction Environmental Science(CIVE 2015)
- Construction Operations and Safety(BUIL 3023)
- Fire Engineering (BUIL 4031)
- Building Surveying (CIVE 3015)
- Advanced Contract Administration(BUIL 3022)
1. Recognition for prior learning (RPL) may be granted for this course to students who have completed relevant work experience as per the UniSA Online RPL framework. Further credit will be assessed in line with the UniSA RPL policy.
Completion of 24 units