Warning! There have been changes to the course - please refer to the transition information
Undergraduate Certificate in Construction Management
Your introduction to construction
Study 4 core subjects in construction management—and get entry and credit in Curtin’s Bachelor Degree. Study low-rise and high-rise construction, including how to manage sites. Start thinking about your career in estimating, contract admin and more.
Applications for 2023 have closed. Apply for 2024
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, their online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
Learn more about Curtin.
Explore Curtin courses.
QS Ranking 2024
Times Higher Education Ranking 2024
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
When would you like to chat?
Let me pick a time
Find a time that suits you for a free 1:1 consultation.
Call me anytime
An advisor will call you, usually within 30 minutes.
What you'll learn
At the completion of this undergraduate certificate students will be able to:
- apply principles and concepts of construction management in a variety of contexts relevant to paraprofessional work and/or further learning
- apply critical and creative thinking and problem solving skills to generate innovative solutions to construction management problems
- use technology appropriately to communicate effectively with clients, planning approvers, builders and other relevant industry professionals
- consider global perspectives on construction management and international construction management standards
- work professionally in teams and independently, and demonstrate life-long learning skills.
This undergraduate certificate has no entry requirements and is open to everyone.
During your application
We’ll ask you to provide your education history. It’s for government data collection only and will not impact your application.
Skip the questions in the Entry Requirements section by selecting Higher Education. Then enter “n/a” in all the Previous Higher Education Studies boxes.
Although you'll need to consent to an academic results search, we won't conduct it when we process your application.
Credit for previous study or work
The Undergraduate Certificate in Construction Management provides an introduction to knowledge and skills required in the construction industry and gives the student entry (and credit for the four subjects completed) into the Bachelor of Applied Science (Construction Management) degree at Curtin. This course leads to opportunities in construction in roles within project management, quantity or building surveying, estimator or contract administrator among others.
Degree structure details
Recommended Study Pattern
Students must complete 4 subjects.
To qualify for the award of Undergraduate Certificate in Construction Management students must complete four core subjects.
2023 Changes to Stream/Structure
- Removal of CME107 Site Management. If you have completed CME107 Site Management, you do not have to complete the new subject, BAS145 Architecture and Interior Architecture Methods 1B - Digital Literacy.
- Removal of CME109 Construction Project Safety Management. If you have completed CME109 Construction Project Safety Management, you do not have to complete the new subject, CME190 Health, Safety and Quality in the Built Environment.
- Removal of CME105 Introduction to Measurement of Construction Works. If you have completed CME105 Introduction to Measurement of Construction Works, you do not have to complete the new subject, CME180 Building Construction Measurement.
You can apply direct through Open Universities Australia.
Once you've checked your eligibility, apply and enrol for this degree following the steps. This degree also allows you to get started with Open access.
Select ‘Apply now’
Choose subjects to begin your application. You can choose 1 or 2 subjects to start.
Choose how you want to start
You can apply for the full degree or if you want to start with Open access, enrol into the subjects using the ‘Single subjects’ option.
You can apply for the degree later and the subjects may be credited towards the degree.
Complete your details
Provide your details and select a funding option. You can pay up-front or apply for government funding in your application.
We're here to help answer your questions. Our friendly student advisors provide 7 day support.
This degree offers Open access entry, exclusive to Open Universities Australia.
There’s more than one way to get a degree. Open access allows you to start with single subjects as a way into eligible degrees, regardless of your study history.
Enrol into and complete the required Open access subjects to earn entry in this degree. Most subjects have no entry requirements, are fully government funded (if you’re eligible) and may be credited when you start the degree.
The best part? You can enrol and get started with single subjects now.