Bachelor of Architectural Technology
Design modern buildings using advanced digital tools
Combine digital technology with architectural study. You’ll cover the fundamentals of architecture, then work with software on exciting and efficient designs. Get creative and technical. Start a career in architectural services.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
At Torrens University Australia you can tailor your study to suit your lifestyle. Thanks to their innovative digital learning system you’ll gain the ultimate in flexibility, and still receive personalised guidance from academics and access to work placement, mentorship and internship opportunities. Online you can attend live classes or view recorded sessions, connect with lecturers and fellow students, and access content on-demand 24/7.
Learn more about Torrens.
Explore Torrens courses.
What you'll learn
As one of Australia’s fastest growing universities, we take a progressive approach to learning. Our courses are co-designed, developed and delivered with industry, giving you confidence that you’ll graduate job-ready.
During this course you will:
- Develop sound knowledge of the entire architectural design process.
- Leverage a range of technologies used in creating innovative built environments.
- Explore new ways that materials and construction assemblies can provide sustainable solutions.
- Apply an inside-out approach to building design by creating fully immersive digital environments.
- Learn how 3D modelling and game engines can influence a range of architectural design proposals.
- Evaluate human needs and the impact of new architectural artefacts for optimal spatial planning.
- Develop your knowledge of electrical, mechanical, plumbing and structural engineering services to develop integrated building solutions.
Upon graduating, you will be equipped for immediate employment, bringing with you an extensive understanding of how technology and design interact within an architectural context. This qualification will provide you with an in-demand skillset ready to enter the architectural services industry in a variety of roles. You will also be prepared to apply to enter a Master of Architecture course, leading to work experience and the architectural exam, if your goal is to become a registered architect.
Potential career paths include:
- Architectural Technologist
- Architectural Project Manager
- Studio Practice Manager
Torrens University Australia offers flexible entry options and study pathways, whether you’re finishing school, pursuing career progression or looking for a change. Entry requirements for this course includes:
- Successful completion of a Higher Education qualification at AQF level 5 (Diploma) or above, or equivalent, from an Australian University or another international accredited higher education provider
Year 12 (Australian secondary school certificate) or equivalent.
Successful completion of a Vocational qualification of Australian MSF training package or other package from a registered training organisation (RTO).
Work and Life
Demonstrated ability to undertake study at the required level:
• broadly relevant work experience (documented e.g. CV), demonstrating a reasonable prospect of success; OR
• formal, informal or non-formal study, completed or partially completed, demonstrating a reasonable prospect of success; OR
• written submission to demonstrate reasonable prospect of success; OR
• discipline specific portfolio (art and/or design).
English Proficiency Requirements
Standard English language requirements apply.
Don’t meet the entry requirements? We have numerous pathway programs to get you started. Contact our Future Student Advisors to learn about alternative entry options.
Credit for previous study or work
Torrens University offers pathway opportunities to further your learning. If you have already completed a qualification you may be able to credit this against a degree with Torrens University, even if it’s from another institution. This is called Recognition of Prior Learning. Under Torrens University's Recognition of Prior Learning policy, you may be eligible for a reduction in tuition costs if you have previous study and/or work experience.
Our Future Student Advisors will happily walk you through the application process.
New technologies are shaping the future of the architecture industry. For those with a passion for technology, design and construction this is the perfect program. Picture yourself creating immersive built environments by applying computer-aided design (CAD) and building information modelling (BIM) practices to all the latest software and technology.
You’ll do this all while keeping sustainability and efficiencies at the forefront, so you can positively contribute to a circular economy.
By the end of your course, you’ll be ready to seek immediate employment within the architecture and built environment industry. The work you produce will also contribute to your professional portfolio – to help you land serious work in this ever-exciting, always evolving creative industry.
Tailor your study to your lifestyle thanks to our innovative digital learning system, accessible from anywhere with 24/7 personalised support.
With all your course materials online, and the option to study full or part time, on-campus, online or a blend of both it's all about flexibility.
Degree structure details
Recommended Study Pattern
The Bachelor of Architectural Technology course structure comprises of 20 core subjects over levels 100, 200 and 300, and 4 elective subjects
To be awarded the Bachelor of Architectural Technology, students must complete 240 credit points over 24 subjects as outlined in the course structure. Each subject has a value of 10 credit points.