Warning! This is a restricted degree. Subject enrolment is only available to students admitted into this degree.
Graduate Certificate in Human Resource Management
Human Resources can be a strategic business driver
Research existing and emerging industry methods, change management, legal and social issues and organisational structure. Learn to deliver change in an ethical and impartial way. Career options in HR, recruitment, selection and performance management.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- 02 Jul 23
- 22 Oct 23
With a network of campuses spanning three cities in South East Queensland, Griffith University is committed to progressive multidisciplinary teaching and research and a valuable online provider with Open Universities Australia. Already attracting students from over one hundred countries, Griffith's dedication to academic excellence is available across Australia through OUA.
Learn more about Griffith.
Explore Griffith courses.
QS Ranking 2023
Times Higher Education Ranking 2023
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
- Demonstrate an understanding of existing and emerging approaches to HRM concerns, management of change and evaluation in diverse organisational contexts.
- Demonstrate the ability to obtain, analyse and interpret data relevant to making evidence-based decisions in relation to HRM issues in diverse organisational contexts.
- Demonstrate the skills and knowledge required to exercise judgement under supervision to generate appropirate solutions for HRM issues in diverse organisational contexts.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify and consider relevant ethical, legal and social considerations in an impartial way for routine and evolving HRM issues and strategies.
- Demonstrate the ability to interpret and communicate diverse HRM concepts and processes in a broad set of personal and group contexts.
APPLICATION OF KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Demonstrate the ability to apply a broad and coherent knowledge of foundational HRM theories, concepts, practical principles and processes in diverse organisational local and international contexts.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply HRM knowledge and skills with creativity and initiative to new situations and in profession practice.
Hold any Bachelor degree (or higher) from a recognised University (or another tertiary education institution of equivalent standing) with a minimum GPA of 4.0 (using a 7.0 scale).
Work and Life
Have a minimum of five years equivalent full-time professional work experience in a relevant field.
have a combination of alternative admission criteria such as formal, informal and non-formal learning deemed to be equivalent to either of the above.
English Proficiency Requirements
English language requirements apply to International applicants and other applicants whose previous study was undertaken in a language other than English. The minimum English language requirements for such applicants for entry to this program are as follows:
- A minimum overall band score of 6.5 on IELTS (Academic) with no sub-score of less than 6.0
- OR a minimum score of 575 on TOEFL
- OR an internet-based (iBT) TOEFL score of 79 (no sub-score less than 19)
- OR no score less than 3+ in each skill of the ISLPR (conducted by ISLPR Language Services only)
- OR a minimum overall score of 176 (no score less than 169) on C1 Advanced (formerly Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English) or C2 Proficiency (formerly Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English)
- OR an overall score of 58 in the Pearson Test of English (Academic) with no score less than 50.
English test results must be no more than two years old.
Students may be able to receive credit for previous studies conducted at other institutions.
The Graduate Certificate in Human Resource Management is designed for people who generally have limited prior knowledge or experience of HRM but who are seeking to move into the industry as human resource management professionals. It is comprised of a concise set of advanced courses in the functional areas of HRM, providing an excellent foundation for advancing your knowledge in human resource management, as well as a pathway into the masters program.
Recommended Study Pattern
Students are required to complete all 4 core subjects in this degree.
To be eligible for the award of Graduate Certificate in Human Resource Management, you must complete the 4 subjects in the degree structure.
The maximum period for completing this program is 2 years.
When you have completed your final session of study, OUA students should notify Griffith University of their intention to graduate with the award of Graduate Certificate in Human Resource Management. Please contact Griffith Student Connect via OUA.email@example.com
You can apply direct through Open Universities Australia.
Once you've checked your eligibility, apply and enrol for this degree following the steps.
Select ‘Apply now’
Choose subjects to begin your application. You can choose 1 or 2 subjects to start.
Complete your details
Provide your details and select a funding option. You can pay up-front or apply for government funding in your application.
We're here to help answer your questions. Our friendly student advisors provide 7 day support.