Warning! This is a restricted degree. Subject enrolment is only available to students admitted into this degree.
Graduate Certificate in Human Resource Management
Human Resources can be a strategic business driver
Research existing and emerging industry methods, change management, legal and social issues and organisational structure. Learn to deliver change in an ethical and impartial way. Career options in HR, recruitment, selection and performance management.
Applications have closed. Find another degree.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
With a network of campuses across Brisbane and the Gold Coast, Griffith University is committed to progressive multidisciplinary teaching and research and a valuable online provider with Open Universities Australia. Already attracting students from more than 122 countries, Griffith's dedication to academic excellence is available across Australia through OUA.
- Demonstrate an understanding of existing and emerging approaches to HRM concerns, management of change and evaluation in diverse organisational contexts.
- Demonstrate the ability to obtain, analyse and interpret data relevant to making evidence-based decisions in relation to HRM issues in diverse organisational contexts.
- Demonstrate the skills and knowledge required to exercise judgement under supervision to generate appropirate solutions for HRM issues in diverse organisational contexts.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify and consider relevant ethical, legal and social considerations in an impartial way for routine and evolving HRM issues and strategies.
- Demonstrate the ability to interpret and communicate diverse HRM concepts and processes in a broad set of personal and group contexts.
APPLICATION OF KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Demonstrate the ability to apply a broad and coherent knowledge of foundational HRM theories, concepts, practical principles and processes in diverse organisational local and international contexts.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply HRM knowledge and skills with creativity and initiative to new situations and in profession practice.
Hold any Bachelor degree (or higher) from a recognised University (or another tertiary education institution of equivalent standing) with a minimum GPA of 4.0 (using a 7.0 scale).
Work and Life
Have a minimum of five years equivalent full-time professional work experience in a relevant field.
have a combination of alternative admission criteria such as formal, informal and non-formal learning deemed to be equivalent to either of the above.
English Proficiency Requirements
English language requirements apply to International applicants and other applicants whose previous study was undertaken in a language other than English. The minimum English language requirements for such applicants for entry to these programs are as follows:
- A minimum score of 580 on TOEFL
- OR an internet-based (iBT) TOEFL score of 79 (no score less than 19)
- OR a minimum overall band score of 6.5 on IELTS (Academic) with no sub-score of less than 6.0
- OR no score less than 3+ in each skill of the ISLPR (conducted by ISLPR Language Services only)
- OR a minimum grade of C on the Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE)
- OR a minimum grade of C on the Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE)
- OR an overall score of 61 in the Pearson Test of English (Academic) with a minimum of 54 in all Communicative Skills.
English test results must be no more than two years old.
Students may be able to receive credit for previous studies conducted at other institutions.
This degree will enable students to gain an understanding of the role and practice of human resource management professionals, including knowledge of contemporary theories in the human resource field, and development of practitioner skills. Graduates will have a critical appreciation of the role of human resource management with a focus on human resource management theory, professional development, the functional and strategic roles of human resources including recruitment and selection and performance management.
To be eligible for the award of Graduate Certificate in Human Resource Management, you must complete the 4 subjects in the degree structure.
The maximum period for completing this program is 2 years.