Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics
Learn how data can help you make smarter business decisions
Take your business career in a new direction by embracing the power of analytics. Explore how you can use data insights tools, social platforms and artificial intelligence to gather valuable insights. Use this knowledge to enrol in further specialised study.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
For more than a century, The University of Queensland (UQ) has delivered knowledge leadership for a better world. The most prestigious and widely recognised rankings of world universities consistently place UQ among the world's top universities. UQ has also won more national teaching awards than any other Australian university. This commitment to quality teaching empowers our 56,000 current students, who study across UQ’s three campuses, to create positive change for society.
Learn more about UQ.
Explore UQ courses.
QS Ranking 2023
Times Higher Education Ranking 2023
Upon successful completion of this program, you should be able to:
- Embrace the flexibility of a 100% online program that allows you to study around other commitments, regardless of where you live.
- Gain a unique perspective on data bridging leadership, strategy and business analytics to understand and communicate data insights across different organisational functions.
- Develop in-demand business analytics skills to revolutionise the way we work, live and communicate in a digital economy.
- Learn from real case study datasets informed by industry to solve problems and discover opportunities.
- Data analyst
- Business intelligence analyst
- Marketing data analytics manager
To be eligible for entry, you'll need:
- a bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline, or
- a bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in any discipline, plus 3 years of full-time equivalent relevant work experience, or
- to have completed post-secondary studies, plus 3 years of full-time equivalent relevant work experience, or
- to have completed the edX Business Leadership MicroMasters credential with 65% in the Business Leadership Capstone Assessment, plus 3 years of full-time equivalent relevant work experience.
Applications on the basis of post-secondary study and/or work experience will be individually assessed.
You must have a grade point average (GPA) of 4.0 on a 7-point scale in your previous qualification.
English Proficiency Requirements
All applicants must satisfy the UQ English language proficiency requirements for admission.
If you've completed previous study, you may be eligible to receive credit for – or exemption from – certain subjects in a UQ program.
Broaden your career opportunities with a postgraduate qualification in business analytics.
If you want to master the basics, the Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics is designed for graduates who haven't previously studied in this area.
You will complete four courses and learn core concepts and techniques that will prepare you to work with business analytics or for further study.
On completion, you can choose to progress to the Master of Business Analytics.
Recommended Study Pattern
The Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics is a 1 year course for a part-time student. Each year consists of 2 Study Periods, also known as semesters. The recommended study pattern consists of 1 core subject and 3 elective subjects, with 2 to be completed in your first study period and 2 in your second.
To qualify for the Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics, students must satisfactorily complete a program of study consisting of 4 subjects.