Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics
Learn how data can help you make smarter business decisions
Take your business career in a new direction by embracing the power of analytics. Explore how you can use data insights tools, social platforms and artificial intelligence to gather valuable insights. Use this knowledge to enrol in further specialised study.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
Upon successful completion of this program, you should be able to:
- Embrace the flexibility of a 100% online program that allows you to study around other commitments, regardless of where you live.
- Gain a unique perspective on data bridging leadership, strategy and business analytics to understand and communicate data insights across different organisational functions.
- Develop in-demand business analytics skills to revolutionise the way we work, live and communicate in a digital economy.
- Learn from real case study datasets informed by industry to solve problems and discover opportunities.
- Data analyst
- Business intelligence analyst
- Marketing data analytics manager
To be eligible for entry, you'll need:
- a bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline, or
- a bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in any discipline, plus 3 years of full-time equivalent relevant work experience, or
- to have completed post-secondary studies, plus 3 years of full-time equivalent relevant work experience, or
- to have completed the edX Business Leadership MicroMasters credential with 65% in the Business Leadership Capstone Assessment, plus 3 years of full-time equivalent relevant work experience.
You must have a grade point average (GPA) of 4.0 on a 7-point scale in your previous qualification.
Applications on the basis of post-secondary study and/or work experience will be individually assessed.
English Proficiency Requirements
All applicants must satisfy the UQ English language proficiency requirements for admission.
If you've completed previous study, you may be eligible to receive credit for – or exemption from – certain subjects in a UQ program. Assessment of prior learning and the granting of credit or exemption will be consistent with the Recognition of Prior Learning Policy (limits in section 2.4).
Broaden your career opportunities with a postgraduate qualification in business analytics.
If you want to master the basics, the Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics is designed for graduates who haven't previously studied in this area.
You will complete four courses and learn core concepts and techniques that will prepare you to work with business analytics or for further study.
On completion, you can choose to progress to the Master of Business Analytics.