Master of Business Analytics
Become a business leader with a strong data skillset
Learn data science skills that will help you get ahead in business and marketing. Explore how to collect and analyse business data using different data mining techniques. You will be challenged to put your skills into practice in a capstone project.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
For more than a century, The University of Queensland (UQ) has delivered knowledge leadership for a better world. The most prestigious and widely recognised rankings of world universities consistently place UQ among the world's top universities. UQ has also won more national teaching awards than any other Australian university. This commitment to quality teaching empowers our 56,000 current students, who study across UQ’s three campuses, to create positive change for society.
Learn more about UQ.
Explore UQ courses.
QS Ranking 2023
Times Higher Education Ranking 2023
What you'll learn
Upon successful completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Embrace the flexibility of a 100% online program that allows you to study around other commitments, regardless of where you live.
- Gain a unique perspective on data bridging leadership, strategy and business analytics to understand and communicate data insights across different organisational functions.
- Develop in-demand business analytics skills to revolutionise the way we work, live and communicate in a digital economy.
- Learn from real case study datasets informed by industry to solve problems and discover opportunities.
Graduates of this program will be equipped for roles such as:
- Data analyst
- Marketing data analytics manager
- Business intelligence analyst
- Data governance manager
To be eligible for entry, you'll need:
- a bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline, or
- a bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in any discipline, plus 3 years of full-time equivalent relevant work experience, or
- the Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics from UQ (or equivalent).
You must have a grade point average (GPA) of 4.5 on a 7-point scale in your previous qualification.
English Proficiency Requirements
All applicants must satisfy the UQ English language proficiency requirements for admission.
Credit for previous study or work
If you've completed previous study, you may be eligible to receive credit for – or exemption from – certain subjects in a UQ program.
Develop data analytics skills to solve critical societal & business challenges.
Data is reinventing businesses & industries, creating unprecedented demand for professionals with business analytics skills. This program will shape you into a competent analytics professional, ready to solve real-world problems ethically & responsibly.
Learn how to apply modern analytics techniques; lead value-creating analytics projects; manage analytics offerings & strategize to transform businesses with data & artificial intelligence. You'll gain insights into best practices & diverse perspectives on how to turn data into value for stakeholders.
This fully online program has 3 starting points in the year and gives you the flexibility to work around other commitments.
You can enrol if you have completed a related undergraduate program or have graduated from a program in other disciplines & have at least 3 years of industry experience.
If you come from a computing background, you may be interested in UQ's Master of Data Science. This program combines high-level analytical & technical skills with industry-specific knowledge. It's one of the few programs in the world offering a cross-disciplinary education with direct industry contact & practical experience.
Degree structure details
Recommended Study Pattern
The Master of Business Analytics is a 3 year course for a part-time student. Each year consists of 2 Study Periods, also known as semesters. The recommended study pattern consists of 12 core subjects, with 4 to be completed in your first year, 4 in your second and 4 in your third.
To qualify for the Master of Business Analytics, students must satisfactorily complete a program of study consisting of 12 subjects.