How to become a network architect
What does a network architect do?
Duties and tasks
Network architects design, plan and build computer networks, such as local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs) and intranets.
- Assess existing network systems to identify opportunities to improve performance, security and efficiency.
- Design and implement security countermeasures to computer networks are secure.
- Install and upgrade hardware, such as routers, VPNs, adaptors, and software, such as network drivers, essential to enabling computer networks systems to work properly.
- Perform ongoing troubleshooting, and diagnosing and resolving system issues as they arise.
- Research new networking technologies and find innovative ways to improve the efficiency of network performance.
- Collaborate with network administrators and other professionals in network setup and configuration.
- Association for Computing Machinery
- The Australian Computer Society
- Australian Information Industry Association (AIIA)
- Information Technology Professionals Association (ITPA)
- Systems Engineering Society of Australia
Step up your career with these resources
What is an occupational therapist and what do they do?
Occupational therapists play a crucial role in healthcare. But what exactly do they do, and how can you follow this rewarding career path? Let’s find out.
Dietitian vs nutritionist in Australia: What’s the difference?
Want to help people make healthier food choices? Get to know the nutrition experts who guide us on everything from macros to calories for a living.
Adriana is using her nutrition degree to make a difference
With her Bachelor of Food and Nutrition, Adriana educates others about the impact food can have on the body.