How to become a network architect
What does a network architect do?
Duties and tasks
Network architects design, plan and build computer networks, such as local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs) and intranets.
- Assess existing network systems to identify opportunities to improve performance, security and efficiency.
- Design and implement security countermeasures to computer networks are secure.
- Install and upgrade hardware, such as routers, VPNs, adaptors, and software, such as network drivers, essential to enabling computer networks systems to work properly.
- Perform ongoing troubleshooting, and diagnosing and resolving system issues as they arise.
- Research new networking technologies and find innovative ways to improve the efficiency of network performance.
- Collaborate with network administrators and other professionals in network setup and configuration.
- Association for Computing Machinery
- The Australian Computer Society
- Australian Information Industry Association (AIIA)
- Information Technology Professionals Association (ITPA)
- Systems Engineering Society of Australia
Step up your career with these resources
What is an office administrator and what do they do?
Office administrators are the unofficial chief organisational officers of the workplace. They make sure their colleagues have the right tools and environment to do their jobs seamlessly.
11 project management short courses you can study online
Learn how to lead an important work project before the year is over. These online project management courses only take 10-16 weeks to complete.
Career planning: What can you do with an MBA?
There are so many ways you can use a Master of Business Administration to get ahead in your career, and they aren’t just in the business world. Let’s look at what else is out there.