How to become an IT support & test engineer
What does an IT support & test engineer do?
Duties and tasks
- Analyse and detect problems with installation, maintenance, configurations and hardware issues, as well as problems accessing internet, email and security systems.
- Assist users and clients with user guides, technical assistance and awareness of correct standards and procedures on systems for optimal performance and security.
- Develop user manuals and technical procedures and guides as well as technical reports of analyses and maintenance inventory.
- Identify causes of system malfunctions by troubleshooting and testing components of systems.
- Plan and audit systems, data and record-keeping for quality assurance and issue action plans to improve and correct processes.
- Provide testing procedures and programming codes to determine functional errors and defects in the system and ensure that systems perform at optimal levels.
- Review and asses architectural organisation of systems and develop improved strategies for hardware and software development.
- Australian Computer Society
- Australian Computer Society (ACS)
- Australian Information Industry Association (AIIA)
- Australian Information Security Association
- Information Technology Professionals Association (ITPA)
- Innovation & Business Skills Australia (IBSA)
- Internet Association of Australia
- Help desk operator
- Information technology administrator
- IT support technician
- Network support technician
- Support technician
- Website administrator
Step up your career with these resources
Do you need a masters to work in a library?
Librarians play an important role in keeping information accessible and helping people find what they need. But what qualifications do you actually need to become a librarian in Australia?
Are microcredentials worth it?
You can study a microcredential in just about any industry, from healthcare and education to business and marketing. Here’s why these skills-based short courses are worth your time.
5 qualities that make you a leader vs a manager
While managers dole out tasks, leaders take things a step further by inspiring everyone around them. Discover how you can become this kind of leader, no matter where you work.