How to become a cloud engineer
What does a cloud engineer do?
Duties and tasksCloud engineers are responsible for the design, development and implementation of cloud-based software and processes.
- Migrate existing infrastructures to cloud-based systems.
- Assist with setup, migration and deployment of cloud-based systems
- Develop a cloud system that is secure.
- Perform ongoing troubleshooting, access controls and administration.
- Collaborate with technical teams to identify and implement cloud-based solutions.
- Stay at the forefront of industry trends, new technology and cloud-based technologies.
- Australian Computer Society (ACS)
- Australian Information Industry Association (AIIA)
- Australian Information Security Association
- Information Technology Professionals Association (ITPA)
- Internet Association of Australia
Discover related IT degrees
- Software Engineering
- Cloud Analytics
Discover related IT subjects
Step up your career with these resources
Is a career in project management right for you?
Do you get a kick out of thinking big and getting things done? You could make a great project manager.
Are microcredentials worth it?
You can study a microcredential in just about any industry, from healthcare and education to business and marketing. Here’s why these skills-based short courses are worth your time.
5 qualities that make you a leader vs a manager
While managers dole out tasks, leaders take things a step further by inspiring everyone around them. Discover how you can become this kind of leader, no matter where you work.
We're here to guide you there
Our student advisors can assist you with enrolment, help you plan your studies, and answer questions about how studying through Open Universities Australia can get you from where you are today, to where you want to be tomorrow.