How to become a cloud engineer
What does a cloud engineer do?
Duties and tasksCloud engineers are responsible for the design, development and implementation of cloud-based software and processes.
- Migrate existing infrastructures to cloud-based systems.
- Assist with setup, migration and deployment of cloud-based systems
- Develop a cloud system that is secure.
- Perform ongoing troubleshooting, access controls and administration.
- Collaborate with technical teams to identify and implement cloud-based solutions.
- Stay at the forefront of industry trends, new technology and cloud-based technologies.
- Australian Computer Society (ACS)
- Australian Information Industry Association (AIIA)
- Australian Information Security Association
- Information Technology Professionals Association (ITPA)
- Internet Association of Australia
Step up your career with these resources
Upskilling or reskilling now will give you more career options
Thanks to the pandemic, new technologies and calls for social progress, the world of work is changing. How will you stay ahead in your industry?
Edward on how OUA helped progress his career
When he realised the ease of online study, Edward's goals went from squeezing through with a 'pass', to achieving excellent marks.
The checklist to prepare your career for the 2020s
With the turn of the decade, and today's speedy technology advances, here's how employees can approach the next 10 years in the workforce feeling prepared, not panicked.