How to become an IT trainer
What does an IT trainer do?IT trainers love sharing their tech knowledge with colleagues and customers. They deliver instructor led training that helps people feel at ease with new software and services.
Duties and tasks
- Design, schedule and lead IT training classes or workshops for users or potential clients, working with external training suppliers to deliver specific training programs needed for clients.
- Create training and development objectives and determine which users need particular training.
- Assess effectiveness of training and development activities and revise programmes as needed.
- Create training manuals, user guides, web tutorials and support to assist clients in accessing information for operating systems.
- Manage the training needs of organisations and clients, organising internal and external training and development resources.
- Research the latest software and updates to conduct new training sessions and advise clients on latest information.
- Understand apps used by individuals or companies and determine training necessities.
Step up your career with these resources
Are microcredentials worth it?
You can study a microcredential in just about any industry, from healthcare and education to business and marketing. Here’s why these skills-based short courses are worth your time.
5 qualities that make you a leader vs a manager
While managers dole out tasks, leaders take things a step further by inspiring everyone around them. Discover how you can become this kind of leader, no matter where you work.
How to write a business plan
Thinking about striking out on your own and starting your own company? Here's how to create an effective business plan.