How to become an analyst programmer
What does an analyst programmer do?
Duties and tasks
- Analyse and develop system programmes based on user needs and requirements.
- Evaluate existing systems to identify and understand limitations and deficiencies with processes, procedures and methods.
- Work closely with business stakeholders to gather technical requirements to inform the design and development of a system to specifications.
- Ensure programs run to specifications through testing, debugging, diagnosing and correcting errors in applications programming language within testing protocols, guidelines and quality standards.
- Develop requirements documentations and system plans.
- Australian Computer Society (ACS)
- Australian Information Industry Association (AIIA)
- Information Technology Professionals Association (ITPA)
Step up your career with these resources
Do you need a masters to work in a library?
Librarians play an important role in keeping information accessible and helping people find what they need. But what qualifications do you actually need to become a librarian in Australia?
Are microcredentials worth it?
You can study a microcredential in just about any industry, from healthcare and education to business and marketing. Here’s why these skills-based short courses are worth your time.
5 qualities that make you a leader vs a manager
While managers dole out tasks, leaders take things a step further by inspiring everyone around them. Discover how you can become this kind of leader, no matter where you work.