How to become a computer hardware engineer
What does a computer hardware engineer do?
Computer hardware engineers analyse computer hardware to determine improvements to equipment such as circuit boards, routers, processors and memory devices.
Duties and tasks
- Analyse and understand user needs and recommend appropriate hardware.
- Create prototypes to develop and test solutions to improve computer systems and equipment.
- Continuously analyse, test and modify designs to successfully update computer hardware.
- Oversee the manufacturing process for computer hardware.
- Research new technologies and find innovative ways to improve the efficiency of computer hardware.
- Association for Computing Machinery
- The Australian Computer Society
- Australian Information Industry Association (AIIA)
- Information Technology Professionals Association (ITPA)
- Systems Engineering Society of Australia
Step up your career with these resources
What is an occupational therapist and what do they do?
Occupational therapists play a crucial role in healthcare. But what exactly do they do, and how can you follow this rewarding career path? Let’s find out.
Dietitian vs nutritionist in Australia: What’s the difference?
Want to help people make healthier food choices? Get to know the nutrition experts who guide us on everything from macros to calories for a living.
Adriana is using her nutrition degree to make a difference
With her Bachelor of Food and Nutrition, Adriana educates others about the impact food can have on the body.