How to become a DevOps engineer
What does a DevOps engineer do?A DevOps engineer bridges the gaps bewteen softare development and IT operations team to ensure agility and stability and accounted for in the development lifecycle.
DevOps engineers use promote a culture of continous delivery through the introduction of specific methods, pracices and tools. They help reduce risks, help produce better code and increase speed to market.
Duties and tasks
- Lead software development teams and manage IT projects.
- Promote a culture of continuous integration and continuous development.
- Understand and write computer and programming languages.
- Monitor operations, performance testing and benchmarking.
- Design and improve IT systems and infrastructure.
- Assess or build automation tools.
- Monitor security and compliance.
- The Australian Computer Society
- Information Technology Professionals Association (ITPA)
- Australian Information Industry Association (AIIA)
- Association for Computing Machinery
- Systems Engineering Society of Australia
- Engineers Australia
Step up your career with these resources
What is an occupational therapist and what do they do?
Occupational therapists play a crucial role in healthcare. But what exactly do they do, and how can you follow this rewarding career path? Let’s find out.
Dietitian vs nutritionist in Australia: What’s the difference?
Want to help people make healthier food choices? Get to know the nutrition experts who guide us on everything from macros to calories for a living.
Adriana is using her nutrition degree to make a difference
With her Bachelor of Food and Nutrition, Adriana educates others about the impact food can have on the body.