How to become a DevOps engineer
What does a DevOps engineer do?A DevOps engineer bridges the gaps bewteen softare development and IT operations team to ensure agility and stability and accounted for in the development lifecycle.
DevOps engineers use promote a culture of continous delivery through the introduction of specific methods, pracices and tools. They help reduce risks, help produce better code and increase speed to market.
Duties and tasks
- Lead software development teams and manage IT projects.
- Promote a culture of continuous integration and continuous development.
- Understand and write computer and programming languages.
- Monitor operations, performance testing and benchmarking.
- Design and improve IT systems and infrastructure.
- Assess or build automation tools.
- Monitor security and compliance.
- The Australian Computer Society
- Information Technology Professionals Association (ITPA)
- Australian Information Industry Association (AIIA)
- Association for Computing Machinery
- Systems Engineering Society of Australia
- Engineers Australia
Discover related courses
Step up your career with these resources
Upskilling or reskilling now will give you more career options
Thanks to the pandemic, new technologies and calls for social progress, the world of work is changing. How will you stay ahead in your industry?
Edward on how OUA helped progress his career
When he realised the ease of online study, Edward's goals went from squeezing through with a 'pass', to achieving excellent marks.
The checklist to prepare your career for the 2020s
With the turn of the decade, and today's speedy technology advances, here's how employees can approach the next 10 years in the workforce feeling prepared, not panicked.