How to become a child care centre manager
What does a childcare centre manager do?
Duties and tasks
- Create and implementing programs and activities to promote the children's social, physical, mental and emotional wellbeing.
- Develop rules and consequences to ensure proper behaviour and safety.
- Ensure government regulations and standards are met.
- Handle the accountancy of the organisation, and hire and supervise staff.
- Interact with the parents as to their children's development and behaviour.
- Maintain the children's records.
- Order products needed for the day to day running of the centre.
- Oversee that the facility is safe and secure for the children, staff and visitors.
- Supervise the care of the children.
- Australian Children's Education and Care Quality Authority
- Australian Community Children's Services
- Australian Childcare Alliance
Discover related degrees
Discover related subjects
Step up your career with these resources
Upskilling or reskilling now will give you more career options
Thanks to the pandemic, new technologies and calls for social progress, the world of work is changing. How will you stay ahead in your industry?
Edward on how OUA helped progress his career
When he realised the ease of online study, Edward's goals went from squeezing through with a 'pass', to achieving excellent marks.
The checklist to prepare your career for the 2020s
With the turn of the decade, and today's speedy technology advances, here's how employees can approach the next 10 years in the workforce feeling prepared, not panicked.