How to become a child care centre manager
What does a childcare centre manager do?
Duties and tasks
- Create and implementing programs and activities to promote the children's social, physical, mental and emotional wellbeing.
- Develop rules and consequences to ensure proper behaviour and safety.
- Ensure government regulations and standards are met.
- Handle the accountancy of the organisation, and hire and supervise staff.
- Interact with the parents as to their children's development and behaviour.
- Maintain the children's records.
- Order products needed for the day to day running of the centre.
- Oversee that the facility is safe and secure for the children, staff and visitors.
- Supervise the care of the children.
- Australian Children's Education and Care Quality Authority
- Australian Community Children's Services
- Australian Childcare Alliance
Discover related degrees
Discover related subjects
Learning Through Mathematics, Science and Technology in Early Childhood Settings
Step up your career with these resources
Is a career in project management right for you?
Do you get a kick out of thinking big and getting things done? You could make a great project manager.
Are microcredentials worth it?
You can study a microcredential in just about any industry, from healthcare and education to business and marketing. Here’s why these skills-based short courses are worth your time.
5 qualities that make you a leader vs a manager
While managers dole out tasks, leaders take things a step further by inspiring everyone around them. Discover how you can become this kind of leader, no matter where you work.
We're here to guide you there
Our student advisors can assist you with enrolment, help you plan your studies, and answer questions about how studying through Open Universities Australia can get you from where you are today, to where you want to be tomorrow.