How to become a child care centre manager
What does a childcare centre manager do?
Duties and tasks
- Create and implementing programs and activities to promote the children's social, physical, mental and emotional wellbeing.
- Develop rules and consequences to ensure proper behaviour and safety.
- Ensure government regulations and standards are met.
- Handle the accountancy of the organisation, and hire and supervise staff.
- Interact with the parents as to their children's development and behaviour.
- Maintain the children's records.
- Order products needed for the day to day running of the centre.
- Oversee that the facility is safe and secure for the children, staff and visitors.
- Supervise the care of the children.
- Australian Children's Education and Care Quality Authority
- Australian Community Children's Services
- Australian Childcare Alliance
Discover related degrees
Discover related subjects
Step up your career with these resources
What is an occupational therapist and what do they do?
Occupational therapists play a crucial role in healthcare. But what exactly do they do, and how can you follow this rewarding career path? Let’s find out.
Dietitian vs nutritionist in Australia: What’s the difference?
Want to help people make healthier food choices? Get to know the nutrition experts who guide us on everything from macros to calories for a living.
Adriana is using her nutrition degree to make a difference
With her Bachelor of Food and Nutrition, Adriana educates others about the impact food can have on the body.