How to become a child care centre manager
What does a childcare centre manager do?
Duties and tasks
- Create and implementing programs and activities to promote the children's social, physical, mental and emotional wellbeing.
- Develop rules and consequences to ensure proper behaviour and safety.
- Ensure government regulations and standards are met.
- Handle the accountancy of the organisation, and hire and supervise staff.
- Interact with the parents as to their children's development and behaviour.
- Maintain the children's records.
- Order products needed for the day to day running of the centre.
- Oversee that the facility is safe and secure for the children, staff and visitors.
- Supervise the care of the children.
- Australian Children's Education and Care Quality Authority
- Australian Community Children's Services
- Australian Childcare Alliance
Discover related degrees
Discover related subjects
Step up your career with these resources
Are microcredentials worth it?
You can study a microcredential in just about any industry, from healthcare and education to business and marketing. Here’s why these skills-based short courses are worth your time.
5 qualities that make you a leader vs a manager
While managers dole out tasks, leaders take things a step further by inspiring everyone around them. Discover how you can become this kind of leader, no matter where you work.
How to write a business plan
Thinking about striking out on your own and starting your own company? Here's how to create an effective business plan.