Graduate Certificate in Early Childhood Education and Care
Combine work and play in early childhood teaching
Learn to teach children in early childhood settings, like schools, kindergartens and long day cares. Designed to let qualified registered teachers specialise in teaching these formative years, this is a great way to enhance your degree.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
With a network of campuses across Brisbane and the Gold Coast, Griffith University is committed to progressive multidisciplinary teaching and research and a valuable online provider with Open Universities Australia. Already attracting students from more than 122 countries, Griffith's dedication to academic excellence is available across Australia through OUA.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
The Graduate Certificate in Early Childhood Education and Care provides qualified registered teachers the opportunity to teach in pre-school settings (1-5 years) as well as specialise in the early years of school (5-8 years).
This program will give registered teachers the opportunity to enhance their professional development in pre-school settings as well as the early years of primary school.
This program is professionally recognised by the Australian Children's Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA).
To be eligible for admission to the Graduate Certificate in Early Childhood Education and Care, applicants must have the following:
- an undergraduate degree in primary or secondary education
- OR a postgraduate primary or secondary education qualification which leads to teacher registration.
English Proficiency Requirements
English language requirements apply to International applicants and other applicants whose previous study was undertaken in a language other than English. The minimum English language requirements for such applicants for entry to this program are as follows:
- A minimum overall band score of 6.5 on IELTS (Academic) with no sub-score of less than 6.0
- OR a minimum score of 575 on TOEFL
- OR an internet-based (iBT) TOEFL score of 79 (no sub-score less than 19)
- OR no score less than 3+ in each skill of the ISLPR (conducted by ISLPR Language Services only)
- OR a minimum grade of C on the Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE)
- OR a minimum grade of C on the Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE)
- OR an overall score of 58 in the Pearson Test of English (Academic) with no score less than 50.
English test results must be no more than two years old.
The Direct Entry Program (DEP) pathway is not accepted for this program.
Griffith University grants credit and recognition of prior learning which may relate to prior formal learning or prior informal and non-formal learning. For more information, please visit the following website:
To be eligible for the award of Graduate Certificate in Early Childhood Education and Care (GCertEarlyChiEdCare), a student must acquire 40 credit points as prescribed below:
- gain 40 credit points for the core subjects.