Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood)
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
100% online study with practicum placement
- No dates available
As Australia’s #1 university for graduate starting salary (Good Universities Guide, 2022), University of Southern Queensland is the right place to make real progress. Regardless of your education history, your age or your aspirations, at UniSQ you’ll be inspired by quality learning experiences matched with top resources and research. Having delivered distance and online learning for over 40+ years, UniSQ supports you to learn at your own pace—exactly how it suits you.
Learn more about USQ.
Explore USQ courses.
QS Ranking 2024
Times Higher Education Ranking 2024
What you'll learn
Upon successful completion of the Bachelor of Education program, students should be able to:
1. Know students and how they learn (possess a broad and coherent body of knowledge, with depth in the underlying principles and concepts)
2. Know the content and how to teach it (transmit knowledge, skills and ideas to others)
3. Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning (well-developed cognitive, technical and communication skills to select and apply methods and technologies to transmit knowledge, skills and ideas to others)
4. Create and maintain supportive and safe learning environments (apply knowledge and skills with initiative and judgement in planning, problem-solving and decision making in professional practice)
5. Assess, provide feedback and report on student learning (analyse, generate and transmit solutions to unpredictable and sometimes complex problems and transmit knowledge and ideas to others)
6. Engage in professional learning (through collaborative professional practice apply a broad and coherent body of knowledge and skills in a range of contexts to undertake professional work and as a pathway for further learning)
7. Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers, and the community (through professional integrity and ethical practice present a clear, coherent and independent exposition of knowledge and ideas in order to communicate knowledge, skills and ideas to others).
As a graduate, you will be well qualified for employment in traditional and diverse roles ranging from early learning centres to kindergartens and P-3 classrooms in primary schools in Queensland, as well as elsewhere in Australia and in many overseas jurisdictions, subject to local requirements.
As a graduate, you are eligible to apply for registration as a teacher through the Queensland College of Teachers. To be eligible for registration in Queensland, both domestic and international students must have at least 51% of supervised professional experience in Australian schools.
ATAR/Selection Rank + General Mathematics Subject pre-requisite + English Subject pre-requisite + Science Subject pre-requisite + English Language Proficiency
Credit for previous study or work
UniSQ’s Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood) is designed to prepare graduates who are confident to teach children in prior to school settings and P-3 classrooms. With regular opportunities to engage with current educators and industry, in both early childhood settings and school contexts, you’ll be able to cross the gap between theory and practice. UniSQ graduates are highly sought after and employable in both prior to school settings and early childhood classrooms.