Graduate Certificate in Catholic Leadership
Contemporary leadership with dignity and compassion
A postgraduate leadership program for professionals working in the Catholic sector. Study leadership and management principles through the lens of Catholic faith and values. Explore how your leadership can make an impact on the common good.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- 10 Jul 22
- 10 Jul 22
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
On completion of this program students should be able to achieve the following learning outcomes:
- Critically apply their knowledge, understanding and practice of the Catholic faith tradition to the leadership and management of service-oriented Catholic organisations;
- Analyse the theoretical principles of contemporary leadership and management concepts related to the practical roles of leadership and management within service-oriented Catholic organisations;
- Integrate their theoretical and practical understanding of contemporary change management concepts to organisational transformation within the context of service-oriented Catholic organisations;
- Apply leadership and management practices to enable the effective functioning of service-oriented Catholic organisations.
Professionals working within the Catholic sector.
There are no professional accreditation requirements applicable to this Program.
To be eligible for admission to The University of Notre Dame Australia, all applicants must meet the University’s minimum requirements for admission. The requirements for admission are detailed in the University’s Policy: Admissions.
Specific Program Requirements for Admission To be eligible for admission to the Graduate Certificate in Catholic Leadership applicants must also meet the following specific requirements.
- A recognised undergraduate degree (or equivalent qualification) plus a minimum of three years’ experience in managerial and/or supervisory roles.
- Where the applicant does not meet the criteria above, the Dean may approve admission to this program if the Dean is satisfied that the applicant has sufficient background and/or experience in management/supervision; and
- The applicant has the skills necessary to complete postgraduate studies.
Applications for Advanced Standing and Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) will be considered and reviewed on a case by case basis by UNDA's Student Administration.
The Graduate Certificate in Catholic Leadership is designed for leaders and aspiring leaders in Catholic organisations to provide grounding in leadership and management principles rooted in the Gospel mission and Catholic social teaching. Students are introduced to the best current leadership and management scholarship from the Catholic intellectual tradition. Students also learn means for achieving organisational transformation while adhering to values associated with the dignity of the human person and the common good. The course also provides an opportunity to link theory to practice via an action learning project that can be undertaken in a student’s workplace or in a placement at another Catholic organisation.
Recommended Study Pattern
To be eligible for the award of Graduate Certificate in Catholic Leadership students must complete a minimum of 100 Units of Credit chosen from the four (4) [compulsory] Courses listed below;
- BUSN5001 Catholic Mission & Identity
- BUSN5002 Leadership & Management in the Catholic Intellectual Tradition
- BUSN5003 Leading Change in a Catholic Context
- PHIL6020 Ethical Issues in Professional Life
- BUSN5910 Directed Business Project (coming soon)
To be eligible for the award of Graduate Certificate in Catholic Leadership students must complete a minimum of 100 Units of Credit chosen from four (4) [compulsory] subjects listed in the Recommended Study Pattern.
There are no early exit points for this Program.
You can apply direct through Open Universities Australia.
Once you've checked your eligibility, apply and enrol for this degree following the steps.
Select ‘Apply now’
Choose subjects to begin your application. You can choose 1 or 2 subjects to start.
Complete your details
Provide your details and select a funding option. You can pay up-front or apply for government funding in your application.
We're here to help answer your questions. Our friendly student advisors provide 7 day support.