Graduate Certificate in Leadership and Management
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- 04 Jul 21
- 24 Oct 21
With a network of campuses across Brisbane and the Gold Coast, Griffith University is committed to progressive multidisciplinary teaching and research and a valuable online provider with Open Universities Australia. Already attracting students from more than 122 countries, Griffith's dedication to academic excellence is available across Australia through OUA.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
The Graduate Certificate in Leadership and Management is designed to suit the professional development needs of middle level managers in industry and government, enhancing existing practice and preparing for more senior leadership roles.
Developed and taught by industry professionals in active leadership roles, this degree is focused on practical organisational challenges. You'll learn about contemporary management and leadership practice and apply this knowledge to current scenarios from your workplace.
You'll develop an understanding of the different types and purposes of teams, and learn how to boost team performance through effective leadership. You'll hone your creative thinking skills and be equipped to convert great ideas into reality through collaboration and positive risk-taking. As a graduate, you'll have the skills and knowledge to translate vision and strategy into action and effectively manage transformation in your organisation.
Many, if not the majority, of commercial, government and not-for-profit organisations are experiencing an operating environment that is volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous. Graduates of this program will be equipped with 21st century leadership and management skills that are highly valued by those organisations looking to overcome the obstacles of this environment.
To be eligible for admission to this Graduate Certificate, a student must:
- hold any Bachelor degree (or higher) from a recognised University (or another tertiary education institution of equivalent standing) with a minimum GPA of 4.0 (using a 7.0 point scale); OR
- have a minimum of five years equivalent full-time professional work experience in a relevant field; OR
- have a combination of alternative admission criteria such as formal, informal and non-formal learning deemed to be equivalent to either of the above.
English Proficiency Requirements
English language requirements apply to International applicants and other applicants whose previous study was undertaken in a language other than English. The minimum English language requirements for such applicants for entry to this program are as follows:
- A minimum overall band score of 6.5 on IELTS (Academic) with no sub-score of less than 6.0
- OR a minimum score of 575 on TOEFL
- OR an internet-based (iBT) TOEFL score of 79 (no sub-score less than 19)
- OR no score less than 3+ in each skill of the ISLPR (conducted by ISLPR Language Services only)
- OR a minimum overall score of 176 (no score less than 169) on C1 Advanced (formerly Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English) or C2 Proficiency (formerly Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English)
- OR an overall score of 58 in the Pearson Test of English (Academic) with no score less than 50.
English test results must be no more than two years old.
Griffith University grants credit and recognition of prior learning which may relate to prior formal learning or prior informal and non-formal learning. For more information, please visit the following website: