- Academic research
- Academic referencing
- Language for audience and purpose
- Essay writing
- The drafting process
- Reflective and critical thinking
- Verbal and non-verbal communication
- Clear, concise language use
- Language for professional contexts
- Intercultural communications
- Cultural contexts
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Chat Rooms
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Leacture capture
- Standard Media
- Streaming Multimedia
- Web links
- Resources and Links
You cannot enrol in this unit if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
This subject was previously known as HUM100 Engaging in the Humanities.
Research, written communication and oral presentation in academic and professional contexts. Develop reflective, critical and evaluative thinking and teamwork skills, and the ability to articulate the practices that lead to successful learning.
This subject is part of the Humanities Pathway.
OUA Pathways recommends the best subjects to start your studies, even if you're not sure which degree you want to do. Each pathway includes four subjects based on your area of interest. Once you complete your recommended path you'll be able to choose from a range of degrees in your area of interest. Plus, each of the subjects you complete through OUA Pathways can also be credited towards your chosen degree.
Learn more about OUA Pathways.
This subject is considered academically equivalent to BAS100 in the below degrees, do not enrol in both subjects if you are completing either of the below:
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Architectural Science)
- Bachelor of Arts (Interior Architecture)
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Assignment 1 - Research Assignment (15%)
- Assignment 2 - Academic Essay (40%)
- Assignment 3 - Critical Reflection Portfolio (45%)