Graduate Diploma of Business Administration
Find success as a business leader
Study fundamentals that will help you grow as a leader, like economics, accounting and marketing. Learn how to inspire and lead a team. Use your qualification to apply for more senior roles or to continue into an MBA.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
Australia’s fourth oldest university, the University of Tasmania, is highly regarded internationally for teaching and academic excellence. The university offers more than 100 undergraduate degrees and more than 50 postgraduate programs across a range of disciplines. The university offers students a diverse range of opportunities, the chance to learn from leading experts, and excellent preparation for their future careers.
Learn more about UTAS.
QS Ranking 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
Upon completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Critically analyse and synthesise knowledge through broad management theoretical fields to demonstrate cognitive judgement and reasoning.
- Apply knowledge and skills in a range of management fields to generate ideas, and provide solutions to complex problems.
- Demonstrate technical and communication skills and demonstrate autonomy and the capability to transmit knowledge and skills to others using specialised language, interpretation and explanation.
- Demonstrated advanced ability to plan, organise, make decisions and justify outcomes.
For entry to this course, you need to have an undergraduate degree or higher in any discipline, or equivalent, from an approved tertiary institution
Work and Life
Qualifications, relevant work experience or other special circumstances, as approved by the Executive Dean or delegated authority. Refer all applications to UTAS
English Proficiency Requirements
International students must provide one of the following: UTAS Access Level 7 with a minimum overall score of 60% and no individual skill below 60%; or IELTS with an overall Band of 6 and no Band less than 6; or TOEFL (iBT) overall score of 72 (no individual skill must be lower than Reading 16; Listening 16; Speaking 18; and, Writing 22); or provide evidence that you have studied for 2 years full-time with English as the sole medium of instruction and examination. These tests must not be more than 24 months old.
The University of Tasmania grants credit and recognition of prior learning that may include formal and/or informal prior learning. More information is available here .
The Graduate Diploma in Business Administration offers the opportunity to complete a postgraduate qualification in Business, either alone or as a pathway to future MBA studies. Studies in Business Administration equip the graduate with the tools and language needed to succeed as a business leader, in any industry.
Recommended Study Pattern
For students undertaking full-time study the following study pattern is recommended:
Year 1. 4 subjects in semester 1:
- TAS-BMA501 Fundamentals of Management
- TAS-BMA506 Foundations of Marketing
- TAS-BFA526 Accounting for Managers
- TAS-BFA527 Corporate Sustainability
Year 1. 4 subjects in semester 2:
- TAS-BMA583 People, Work and Wellbeing
- TAS-BEA683 Economics for Managers
- TAS-BEA674 Data and Business Decision Making
- TAS-BMA799 Strategic Management
Satisfactory completion of 8 subjects, as required in the schedule, within 3 years from commencement.
You can apply direct through Open Universities Australia.
Once you've checked your eligibility, apply and enrol for this degree following the steps.
Select ‘Apply now’
Choose subjects to begin your application. You can choose 1 or 2 subjects to start.
Complete your details
Provide your details and select a funding option. You can pay up-front or apply for government funding in your application.
We're here to help answer your questions. Our friendly student advisors provide 7 day support.