Graduate Diploma in Finance
Start your career in money management
This course is ideal for those who are already qualified in another sector and want to move into finance. You'll get to know the fundamentals of corporate finance, economics and business. You can then use this knowledge to enrol in more advanced study.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Upon successful completion of this program, the student should be able to:
- Explain and apply theoretical and technical finance knowledge to a range of local and global business contexts.
- Present and justify, orally and in writing, financial information and decisions in straightforward collaborative contexts involving specialist and non-specialist audiences
- Apply theoretical and technical finance knowledge to critically analyse financial data to solve rudimentary financial problems in straightforward contexts.
- Exercise judgement, under guidance, to apply financial solutions using ethical, social, regulatory, economic, sustainability and global perspectives.
For entry to this course, you need to have: an undergraduate degree or above in any discipline, or equivalent, from an approved tertiary institution.
Work and Life
For entry to this course, you need to have qualifications, relevant work experience or other special circumstances, as approved by the Executive Dean or delegated authority
English Proficiency Requirements
International students must provide one of the following: UTASAccess Level 7 with a minimum overall score of 60% and no individual skill below 60%; or IELTS with an overall Band of 6 and no Band less than 6; or TOEFL (iBT) overall score of 72 (no individual skill must be lower than Reading 16; Listening 16; Speaking 18; and, Writing 22); or provide evidence that you have studied for 2 years full-time with English as the sole medium of instruction and examination. These tests must not be more than 24 months old.
The University of Tasmania grants credit and recognition of prior learning that may include formal and/or informal prior learning. More information is available here.
This course provides training in finance for those who do not have any background in the discipline. Successful completion of this course will give students a solid foundation in the fundamentals of finance, and can be built on through further studies to achieve a masters level qualification and build a career in the finance industry.
Recommended Study Pattern
Year 1. 8 subjects in the first year including:
8 core subjects:
- TAS-BEA602 Derivatives
- TAS-BEA651 Corporate Finance
- TAS-BEA653 Applied Quantitative Finance
- TAS-BEA674 Data and Business Decision Making
- TAS-BEA683 Economics for Managers
- TAS-BEA705 Financial Institutions and Markets
- TAS-BFA601 Business and Corporate Law
- TAS-BFA607 Investment Planning
You can apply direct through Open Universities Australia.
Once you've checked your eligibility, apply and enrol for this degree following the steps.
Select ‘Apply now’
Choose subjects to begin your application. You can choose 1 or 2 subjects to start.
Complete your details
Provide your details and select a funding option. You can pay up-front or apply for government funding in your application.
We're here to help answer your questions. Our friendly student advisors provide 7 day support.