Warning! This is a restricted degree. Subject enrolment is only available to students admitted into this degree.
You are currently viewing the 2018 version of this course. Change to 2019
At the completion of this degree students will be able to:
- describe and apply the principles, concepts, tools, techniques and processes of project management
- think critically and reflectively to analyse project management problems and issues and generate practical effective solutions to facilitate project success
- source, critically evaluate and synthesise information to support comprehension and decision making in a project environment
- communicate effectively graphically, orally, and in writing, with academic, professional and community stakeholders
- use appropriate technologies for the facilitation of project management processes
- appreciate the cultural diversity of the wider community and its impacts on project management
- conduct themselves in an ethical and professional manner; demonstrate skills in leadership,self-motivation and working in teams.
Opportunities for people with project management qualifications is increasing in fields such as construction, law, education, health, commerce, information technology, marketing, public relations, and research and development.
Applicants for a Graduate Certificate are required to meet University academic and English language entry standards. Applicants generally require a Bachelor Degree or equivalent credit gained for recognised learning. Any specific course entry and completion requirements must also be met.
Applicants specifically require a bachelor degree; or applicants without a bachelor degree require 5 years full-time management experience.
Applications for Credit for Recognised Learning (CRL) are assessed on a case to case basis according to Curtin University policies which is available at http://policies.curtin.edu.au/local/docs/policy/Credit_for_Recognised_Learning_Manual.pdf.
Students must be admitted in an award degree of study before lodging their completed CRL application, along with all necessary documentation for a formal assessment.
To officially apply for CRL, students need to submit the CRL application form available from http://students.curtin.edu.au/administration/documents/Application_for_CRL.pdf to email@example.com along with supporting documents. Accepted documentation includes scans of the original Transcripts and/or Award Certificate; front and black; in colour; and original size. For detailed scanned documents requirements and guidelines, please visit http://courses.curtin.edu.au/course_overview/admission-requirements/scanned-documents.cfm.
For further information, please contact opencurtin.edu.au.
Project Management is a distinct professional discipline, having its own body of knowledge, skills, tools and techniques. It involves managing a project from inception to completion and the successful attainment of the project objectives. It provides the opportunity to gain the understanding, knowledge and skills necessary for performing the role of project manager. This degree adopts a generic approach to project management and is applicable to any project in industries such as construction, engineering, education, health, commerce, information technology and research and development.
Successful completion of 4 subjects.
This degree is an exit award of the Graduate Diploma in Project Management and the Master of Science (Project Management).