How to become a logistics manager
Handle product supply and distribution for companies and organisations.
What does a logistics manager do?Logistics managers link up the supply chain, overseeing products’ journey from warehouse to transport to customer. In order to get things from A to B, they need to plan and supervise resources, resolve transportation issues, and deal with customer complaints.
Duties and tasks
- Collaborate with customers and staff regarding production and distribution schedules and specifications.
- Create standard processes for purchasing and distribution activities.
- Oversee production and transportation timetables.
- Keep records of orders, production times, and delivery of items.
- Manage distribution staff.
- Order and maintain stock inventory.
- Work with suppliers and staff towards quality products, a reasonable delivery schedule, and appropriate costs.
- Australian Industry Standards
- The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport
- Supply Chain and Logistics Association of Australia (SCLAA)
- Air transport professional
- Customer service supervisor
- Depot manager
- Logistics analyst
- Logistics project manager
- Logistics and purchasing manager
- Operations manager
- Production manager
- Purchasing and logistics manager
- Site operations manager
- Supply distribution manager
- Transport manager
- Warehouse supervisor
Discover related degrees
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Maritime Business Management
Discover related subjects
Step up your career with these resources
Is a career in project management right for you?
Do you get a kick out of thinking big and getting things done? You could make a great project manager.
Are microcredentials worth it?
You can study a microcredential in just about any industry, from healthcare and education to business and marketing. Here’s why these skills-based short courses are worth your time.
5 qualities that make you a leader vs a manager
While managers dole out tasks, leaders take things a step further by inspiring everyone around them. Discover how you can become this kind of leader, no matter where you work.