How to become a logistics manager
What does a logistics manager do?Logistics managers link up the supply chain, overseeing products’ journey from warehouse to transport to customer. In order to get things from A to B, they need to plan and supervise resources, resolve transportation issues, and deal with customer complaints.
Duties and tasks
- Collaborate with customers and staff regarding production and distribution schedules and specifications.
- Create standard processes for purchasing and distribution activities.
- Oversee production and transportation timetables.
- Keep records of orders, production times, and delivery of items.
- Manage distribution staff.
- Order and maintain stock inventory.
- Work with suppliers and staff towards quality products, a reasonable delivery schedule, and appropriate costs.
- Australian Industry Standards
- The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport
- Supply Chain and Logistics Association of Australia (SCLAA)
- Air transport professional
- Customer service supervisor
- Depot manager
- Logistics analyst
- Logistics project manager
- Logistics and purchasing manager
- Operations manager
- Production manager
- Purchasing and logistics manager
- Site operations manager
- Supply distribution manager
- Transport manager
- Warehouse supervisor
Discover related courses
Bachelor of Business (Logistics and Supply Chain Management)
- Major in Logistics and SCM
Step up your career with these resources
Upskilling or reskilling now will give you more career options
Thanks to the pandemic, new technologies and calls for social progress, the world of work is changing. How will you stay ahead in your industry?
Edward on how OUA helped progress his career
When he realised the ease of online study, Edward's goals went from squeezing through with a 'pass', to achieving excellent marks.
The checklist to prepare your career for the 2020s
With the turn of the decade, and today's speedy technology advances, here's how employees can approach the next 10 years in the workforce feeling prepared, not panicked.