Master of Supply Chain and Logistics Management
Advance your career in logistics
Become an expert in logistics, transportation, distribution, operations and production management. This degree allows you to specialise in information systems or cyber security for supply chain and logistics management.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
ECU has been ranked one of the world’s best young universities and Australia’s best public university for teaching quality. That quality extends to more than 6,000 students studying online. ECU offers the same quality of teaching to you, regardless of where you’re studying in the world. Their flexible study solutions include a huge range of online courses, recognising your need to juggle work, family or other commitments.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
At the end of the program, students of the Master of Supply Chain and Logistics Management can:
- apply critical thinking and technical skills to solve authentic business problems
- demonstrate effective communication and teamwork skills
- demonstrate mastery of a global body of supply chain and logistics management knowledge and practice, including knowledge of research principles and method
- independently initiate, plan and execute a substantial project to meet agreed deliverables
- justify decisions and judgements that address a complex business issue considering the ethical and social consequences.
This course will broaden students' employment opportunities within the airlines, agriculture, automotive, government, military, mining, manufacturing, public and resources sectors. It is suitable for people who are seeking a career as an operations, logistics or supply chain practitioner; those already working in a related industry seeking more career options; and people with a passion or talent for solving real industrial issues.
Possible future job titles: Supply Chain Analyst, Supply Chain Manager, International Logistics Manager, Inventory Control Manager, Logistics Manager, Logistics Services Salesperson, Materials Manager, Procurement Manager, Warehouse/Distribution Operations Manager, Purchasing Manager
Academic admission requirements (Band 6) may be satisfied through completion of one of the following:
- Bachelor degree; or
Work and Life
- Equivalent prior learning including at least five years relevant professional experience.
English Proficiency Requirements
English competency requirements may be satisfied through completion of one of the following:
- IELTS Academic Overall band minimum score of 6.5 (no individual band less than 6.0);
- Bachelor degree from a country specified on the English Proficiency Bands page;
- Successfully completed 0.375 EFTSL of study at postgraduate level or higher at an Australian higher education provider (or equivalent);
- Where accepted, equivalent prior learning, including at least five years relevant professional experience; or
- Other tests, courses or programs defined on the English Proficiency Bands page.
If you're applying for a course and have previous study or professional experience, you may be eligible for what we call 'advanced standing'.
For more information and to apply please go to https://www.ecu.edu.au/future-students/course-entry/advanced-standing
Supply chain and logistics managers are a vital part of many businesses, managing and executing operations in the procurement, warehousing, inventory management and transportation of goods.
This unique course is designed to advance careers in logistics, transportation, distribution, operations and production management, while providing an option to specialise in either information systems or cyber security for supply chain and logistics management. Both of these specialty streams are at the cutting edge of developments in the sector today. The course will sharpen commercial awareness in supply chain and logistics management and develop competencies for analysis, effective decision making, communication and ethical practice.
Students are required to complete: 9 core units (180 credit points) and 3 units in Cyber Security stream OR Information Systems stream (60 credit points).
- FBL5010 Managing People and Organisation
- FBL5020 Marketing Leadership
- MAN6920 Supply Chain Management
- FBL5030 Fundamentals of Value Creation in Business
- MAN6927 Supply Chain Analytics
- MAN6333 Global Logistics
- MAN6935 IT Value Realisation
- MAN6910 Business Process Management
- MAN6925 Project Management
Choose three units from either Cyber Security Stream OR Information System Stream.
Cyber Security Stream
- CSI6199 Cyber Security
- CSI6201 Networking Technologies
- CSI6202 Network Security
Information System Stream
- MAN5902 Business System Analysis
- MAN6310 Capstone Integration Project
- MAN5901 Information Management Challenges in Management