How to become a production manager
What does a production manager do?Production managers are key players in the manufacturing process. They make sure that goods and services are safely produced to standard, delivered on time, and within budget.
Duties and tasks
- Oversee the entire production process.
- Organise production schedules.
- Assess resourcing requirements, select and train staff, and supervise and motivate them.
- Prepare and adjust budgets, purchase materials and resources, and maintain equipment.
- Comply with quality and health and safety standards.
- Keep records and prepare reports on outputs and performance.
- Product quality controller
- Product assembler
Step up your career with these resources
Are microcredentials worth it?
You can study a microcredential in just about any industry, from healthcare and education to business and marketing. Here’s why these skills-based short courses are worth your time.
5 qualities that make you a leader vs a manager
While managers dole out tasks, leaders take things a step further by inspiring everyone around them. Discover how you can become this kind of leader, no matter where you work.
How to write a business plan
Thinking about striking out on your own and starting your own company? Here's how to create an effective business plan.