How to become a production manager
What does a production manager do?Production managers are key players in the manufacturing process. They make sure that goods and services are safely produced to standard, delivered on time, and within budget.
Duties and tasks
- Oversee the entire production process.
- Organise production schedules.
- Assess resourcing requirements, select and train staff, and supervise and motivate them.
- Prepare and adjust budgets, purchase materials and resources, and maintain equipment.
- Comply with quality and health and safety standards.
- Keep records and prepare reports on outputs and performance.
- Product quality controller
- Product assembler
Discover related courses
Step up your career with these resources
Is a career in project management right for you?
Do you get a kick out of thinking big and getting things done? You could make a great project manager.
Are microcredentials worth it?
You can study a microcredential in just about any industry, from healthcare and education to business and marketing. Here’s why these skills-based short courses are worth your time.
5 qualities that make you a leader vs a manager
While managers dole out tasks, leaders take things a step further by inspiring everyone around them. Discover how you can become this kind of leader, no matter where you work.
We're here to guide you there
Our student advisors can assist you with enrolment, help you plan your studies, and answer questions about how studying through Open Universities Australia can get you from where you are today, to where you want to be tomorrow.