How to become a production manager
What does a production manager do?Production managers are key players in the manufacturing process. They make sure that goods and services are safely produced to standard, delivered on time, and within budget.
Duties and tasks
- Oversee the entire production process.
- Organise production schedules.
- Assess resourcing requirements, select and train staff, and supervise and motivate them.
- Prepare and adjust budgets, purchase materials and resources, and maintain equipment.
- Comply with quality and health and safety standards.
- Keep records and prepare reports on outputs and performance.
- Product quality controller
- Product assembler
Discover related courses
Bachelor of Business (Logistics and Supply Chain Management)
- Major in Logistics and SCM
Step up your career with these resources
Upskilling or reskilling now will give you more career options
Thanks to the pandemic, new technologies and calls for social progress, the world of work is changing. How will you stay ahead in your industry?
Edward on how OUA helped progress his career
When he realised the ease of online study, Edward's goals went from squeezing through with a 'pass', to achieving excellent marks.
The checklist to prepare your career for the 2020s
With the turn of the decade, and today's speedy technology advances, here's how employees can approach the next 10 years in the workforce feeling prepared, not panicked.