How to become a supply distribution manager
What does a supply distribution manager do?
Duties and tasks
- Assign duties to workers and monitors their performance.
- Interview, hires, and trains warehouse workers.
- Maintain required stock levels.
- Prepare and manages budgets.
- Respond to customers questions and complaints.
- Review invoices, work orders and data to estimate peak delivery periods.
- Schedule and monitors the pickup or delivery of products.
- Australasian Supply Chain Institute
- Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply
- Supply Chain & Logistics Association of Australia
- Women in Supply Chain
- Customer service supervisor
- Depot manager
- Logistics analyst
- Logistics project manager
- Logistics & purchasing manager
- Operations manager
- Purchasing & logistics manager
- Purchasing & supply manager
- Site operations manager
- Transport manager
- Warehouse supervisor
Discover related courses
Bachelor of Business (Logistics and Supply Chain Management)
- Major in Logistics and SCM
Step up your career with these resources
Upskilling or reskilling now will give you more career options
Thanks to the pandemic, new technologies and calls for social progress, the world of work is changing. How will you stay ahead in your industry?
Edward on how OUA helped progress his career
When he realised the ease of online study, Edward's goals went from squeezing through with a 'pass', to achieving excellent marks.
The checklist to prepare your career for the 2020s
With the turn of the decade, and today's speedy technology advances, here's how employees can approach the next 10 years in the workforce feeling prepared, not panicked.