How to become a supply distribution manager
Oversee and coordinate the storage and distribution operations within an organisation that receives, stores, and ships products.
What does a supply distribution manager do?
Duties and tasks
- Assign duties to workers and monitors their performance.
- Interview, hires, and trains warehouse workers.
- Maintain required stock levels.
- Prepare and manages budgets.
- Respond to customers questions and complaints.
- Review invoices, work orders and data to estimate peak delivery periods.
- Schedule and monitors the pickup or delivery of products.
- Australasian Supply Chain Institute
- Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply
- Supply Chain & Logistics Association of Australia
- Women in Supply Chain
- Customer service supervisor
- Depot manager
- Logistics analyst
- Logistics project manager
- Logistics & purchasing manager
- Operations manager
- Purchasing & logistics manager
- Purchasing & supply manager
- Site operations manager
- Transport manager
- Warehouse supervisor
Discover related degrees
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Maritime Business Management
Discover related subjects
Step up your career with these resources
Is a career in project management right for you?
Do you get a kick out of thinking big and getting things done? You could make a great project manager.
Are microcredentials worth it?
You can study a microcredential in just about any industry, from healthcare and education to business and marketing. Here’s why these skills-based short courses are worth your time.
5 qualities that make you a leader vs a manager
While managers dole out tasks, leaders take things a step further by inspiring everyone around them. Discover how you can become this kind of leader, no matter where you work.