Diploma of Global Logistics and Maritime Management
Become a leader in maritime transport and logistics
Combine business prowess with a passion for maritime in this unique logistic qualification. Form a foundation in international business before layering your knowledge with maritime expertise, exports, imports, and commercial and transport law.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- 25 Jun 23
Australia’s fourth oldest university, the University of Tasmania, is highly regarded internationally for teaching and academic excellence. The university offers more than 100 undergraduate degrees and more than 50 postgraduate programs across a range of disciplines. The university offers students a diverse range of opportunities, the chance to learn from leading experts, and excellent preparation for their future careers.
Learn more about UTAS.
Explore UTAS courses.
QS Ranking 2023
Times Higher Education Ranking 2023
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
Upon successful completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Explain knowledge and concepts commonly used to interpret business practices and situations within the broad field of logistics and maritime management.
- Analyse business practices in a broad selection of logistics and maritime contexts.
- Outline how logistics and maritime problem-solving processes and methodologies can be applied cognisant of social, ethical, regulatory, technological and global perspectives.
- Communicate logistics and maritime management knowledge and concepts using various methods and formats to a range of audiences.
The Diploma of Global Logistics and Maritime Management is designed to prepare students for management and administrative careers in private enterprise, industry organisations and government in the areas of commercial shipping, ports and terminals, transport policy and administration, freight forwarding and exporting and importing.
Higher education via OUA
Successful completion of any 2 OUA open access subjects of study at the equivalent AQF level, unless otherwise specified.
- Completed AQF Diploma level or higher; OR
- Partial study at Associate Degree level or higher (complete or incomplete) with a passing GPA on a 50% study load in undergraduate - degree level subjects; OR
- Completion of a University Enabling program; OR
- Successful completion of a minimum of 2 (25 credit points) undergraduate subjects of study within an Associate Degree level program or higher; OR
- Completed UTAS Bachelor of General Studies - any pathway; OR
- Completed UTAS Diploma of University Studies - any pathway
ATAR: 50 or higher
- Completed Certificate III or above in a related field of study; OR
- Completed Diploma or above in an unrelated field of study.
Work and Life
Domestic Applicants with work and life experience: If you have not successfully completed senior secondary, tertiary or TAFE/VET study, but have extensive or sustained work experience.
The University of Tasmania grants credit and recognition of prior learning that may include formal and/or informal prior learning. More information is available here.
The Diploma of Global Logistics and Maritime Management has been developed to provide students with contemporary business expertise for careers in management and administration in the maritime and logistics industries and related areas.
This program also provides a pathway into the:
- Associate Degree in Global Logistics and Maritime Management
- Bachelor of Global Logistics and Maritime Management
Recommended Study Pattern
For students undertaking full-time study the following study pattern is recommended.
Completion of 8 core subjects from the schedule below:
4 Core subjects:
- TAS-JNB154 International Business Communication
- TAS-JNB156 Introduction to the Maritime Industry
- TAS-JNB160 Exporting and Importing
- TAS-JNB163 Commercial and Transport Law
2 Subjects from the following majors
Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- TAS-JNB158 International Transport Systems
- TAS-JNB161 Air Freight Transport
Maritime Business Management
- TAS-BEA140 Data Analysis for Business
- TAS-BFA103 Accountability and Accounting
2 UTAS Electives
Satisfactory completion of 8 subjects, as required in the schedule, within 1-3 years from commencement.
You can apply direct through Open Universities Australia.
Once you've checked your eligibility, apply and enrol for this degree following the steps. This degree also allows you to get started with Open access.
Select ‘Apply now’
Choose subjects to begin your application. You can choose 1 or 2 subjects to start.
Choose how you want to start
You can apply for the full degree or if you want to start with Open access, enrol into the subjects using the ‘Single subjects’ option.
You can apply for the degree later and the subjects may be credited towards the degree.
Complete your details
Provide your details and select a funding option. You can pay up-front or apply for government funding in your application.
We're here to help answer your questions. Our friendly student advisors provide 7 day support.
This degree offers Open access entry, exclusive to Open Universities Australia.
There’s more than one way to get a degree. Open access allows you to start with single subjects as a way into eligible degrees, regardless of your study history.
Enrol into and complete the required Open access subjects to earn entry in this degree. Most subjects have no entry requirements, are fully government funded (if you’re eligible) and may be credited when you start the degree.
The best part? You can enrol and get started with single subjects now.