Warning! This unit contains mature content and may not be suitable for some students. Any student under the age of 16 who would like to enrol in this unit must first complete a Parental Consent Form.
- Study Skills
- Podcasting/Leacture capture
You must either have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this unit, or currently be enrolled in the following subject(s); or enrol in the following subject(s) to study at the same time or prior to this subject:
- MUR-EQU081-Learning Uni Style
- MUR-EQU082-Knowledge in the Social Sciences: Understanding Social Change
Enrolment in FlexiTrack enabling degree and completion of, or joint enrolment with, Learning EQU081 Uni Style and EQU082, Knowledge in the Social Sciences: Understanding Social Change. English competence as per Murdoch University policy is a prerequisite requirement of this subject.
- EquipmentDetails - Need ability to record video and voice (this can be the inbuilt camera and microphone of their computer).
Knowledge in the Sciences: Tackling Global Challenges is the fourth subject in the FlexiTrack preparation course that qualifies you to apply directly for any undergraduate degree at Murdoch University that has an indicative ATAR of 70 or less. This subject is made up of a series of engaging topics introducing students to how knowledge is created in the sciences, exploring global challenges. Through this journey students build on academic skills such as numeracy and report writing.
Please Note: This subject is only available for Domestic Students.
- Reflective Blog (10%)
- Report Draft and Referencing (20%)
- Calculating the Mean and Graphing (10%)
- Scientific report (1500 words) (30%)
- Module Reflective Video Learning Journal (5 minutes in total) (30%)