Warning! This unit contains mature content and may not be suitable for some students. Any student under the age of 16 who would like to enrol in this unit must first complete a Parental Consent Form.
You are currently viewing the 2018 version of this course. Change to 2019
- Study skills
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
You must either have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject, or currently be enrolled in the following subject(s); or enrol in the following subject(s) to study at the same time or prior to this subject:
English competence as per Murdoch University policy is a prerequisite requirement of this subject.
- EquipmentDetails - Need ability to record video and voice (this can be the inbuilt camera and microphone of their computer).
Knowledge in the Social Sciences: Understanding Social Change is the second subject in the FlexiTrack preparation course that qualifies you to apply directly for any undergraduate degree at Murdoch University that has an indicative ATAR of 70 or less. This subject consists of a series of engaging topics which introduce students to knowledge in the social sciences, exploring the concept of social change, building on academic skills such as critical reading, analysis, essay writing and referencing.
Please Note: This subject is only available for Domestic Students.
- Summary and Critical Analysis (30%)
- Fishbone Essay Plan (5%)
- Critical Essay - social change agents (1250 words) (25%)
- Reflective Blog (0%)
- Module Reflective Video Learning Journal (5 minutes in total) (30%)
- Multiple Choice Mini Quizzes (10%)
Textbooks are not required.