Prepare for study and enjoy an overview of key areas
Get on track for undergraduate study with this innovative program that gives insight into four degree areas, while helping you to develop the academic skills you need. Enjoy engaging learning and preparation while you experience online study.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
This research-based university in Perth has a strong interdisciplinary focus and a reputation for outstanding teaching and ground-breaking research. With more than 23,000 students and 2,000 staff from over 90 countries, and campuses in Dubai and Singapore, Murdoch embraces free thinking, shared ideas and knowledge to make a difference, and Open Universities Australia is certainly part of that.
Learn more about Murdoch.
QS Ranking 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
On successful completion of the degree, you should be able to demonstrate following skills, knowledge and attributes at an undergraduate level:
- study skills such as time management and organisation and interpersonal communication
- academic skills including academic reading, writing and numeracy, oral communication, critical thinking, information seeking and management, and use of learning technologies (e.g. computers and libraries)
- conceptual understandings of: (a) the nature, process and possibilities of university study, (b) the purposes and processes of change (personal and societal), and (c) the roles of individuals and groups as agents of change
- attributes that promote success at university such as persistence, self-management and commitment.
English Proficiency Requirements
English competence as per Murdoch University policy is the only requirement for this program.
To meet English competence applicants must have:
- Completed year 11 or year 12 and have achieved 'B' or higher in general English or a 'D' or higher in ATAR English OR
- Completed any Certificate IV, any Certificate III or Certificate II in General Education for Adults OR
- Achieved 130 or more for the written component or 125 or more for the multiple choice component of the Special Tertiary Admissions Test (STAT) .
FlexiTrack is a university preparation course that qualifies you to apply directly for any undergraduate degree at Murdoch University that has an indicative ATAR of 70 or less. FlexiTrack is a series of four modules designed to develop skills that are relevant to any degree program. Each module is made up of a series of engaging topics, interactive activities and assignments which introduce students to university culture and build on academic skills such as reading and note-making, referencing, essay writing, numeracy and report writing.
FlexiTrack is suitable for people from the following equity groups: people who can demonstrate educational disruption due to family, financial or social issues; Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people; people with disabilities or medical conditions; people living in rural or remote regions. The course also caters for people who have arrived in Australia under a Humanitarian or Refugee program.
In addition, the degree offers an opportunity for Year 12 non-TEE students who have experienced disruption to their final year studies due to disability, medical condition or other significant family or social issues. Students in this category will require the support of their school teaching staff in order to apply.
Recommended Study Pattern
Students need to complete MUR-EQU081 and MUR-EQU082 before enrolling in MUR-EQU083 and MUR-EQU084.
Successful completion of 4 subjects.
You can apply direct through Open Universities Australia.
Once you've checked your eligibility, apply and enrol for this degree following the steps. This degree also allows you to get started with Open access.
Select ‘Apply now’
Choose subjects to begin your application. You can choose 1 or 2 subjects to start.
Choose how you want to start
You can apply for the full degree or if you want to start with Open access, enrol into the subjects using the ‘Single subjects’ option.
You can apply for the degree later and the subjects may be credited towards the degree.
Complete your details
Provide your details and select a funding option. You can pay up-front or apply for government funding in your application.
We're here to help answer your questions. Our friendly student advisors provide 7 day support.
This degree offers Open access entry, exclusive to Open Universities Australia.
There’s more than one way to get a degree. Open access allows you to start with single subjects as a way into eligible degrees, regardless of your study history.
Enrol into and complete the required Open access subjects to earn entry in this degree. Most subjects have no entry requirements, are fully government funded (if you’re eligible) and may be credited when you start the degree.
The best part? You can enrol and get started with single subjects now.