Warning! This unit contains mature content and may not be suitable for some students. Any student under the age of 16 who would like to enrol in this unit must first complete a Parental Consent Form.
Learning Uni Style
Give your university preparation a boost as you develop the skills you’ll need to succeed. Work on areas including time management, study techniques, note taking, research and referencing, while you get a taste of university culture.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 31 Aug 2020
- 30 Nov 2020
- 01 Mar 2021
- 31 May 2021
- 30 Aug 2021
- 29 Nov 2021
This research-based university in Perth has a strong interdisciplinary focus and a reputation for outstanding teaching and ground-breaking research. With more than 22,000 students and 2,000 staff from over 90 countries, and campuses in Dubai and Singapore, Murdoch embraces free thinking, shared ideas and knowledge to make a difference, and Open Universities Australia is certainly part of that.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
At the completion of this subject students will be able to have:
- study skills such as time management and organisation and interpersonal communication
- academic skills including academic reading, writing, oral communication, critical thinking, information seeking and management, and use of learning technologies (e.g. computers and libraries)
- conceptual understandings of: the nature, process and possibilities of university study,
- attributes that promote success at university such as persistence, self-management and commitment.
- Study skills
English competence as per Murdoch University policy is a prerequisite requirement of this subject.
- EquipmentDetails - Need ability to record video and voice (this can be the inbuilt camera and microphone of their computer).
Learning Uni Style is the first subject in the FlexiTrack university preparation course that qualifies you to apply directly for any undergraduate degree at Murdoch University that has an indicative ATAR of 70 or less. It is designed to develop skills that are relevant to any degree program. This subject consists of a series of engaging topics, interactive activities and assignments which introduce students to university culture and build on academic skills such as reading and note-making and referencing.
Please Note: This subject is only available for Domestic Students.
Please Note: All students studying at Murdoch University will need to complete the compulsory unit, Murdoch Academic Passport (MAP100), which only takes 2-3 hours to complete online. Find out more: http://goto.murdoch.edu.au/MurdochAcademicPassport.
- Appropriate Referencing and Paraphrasing Quiz (10%)
- Reading Summary (20%)
- Reflective Writing Piece: Opinion vs Position (30%)
- Module Reflective Video Learning Journal (5 minutes in total) (30%)
- Multiple Choice Mini Quizzes (10%)
- Reflective Blog (0%)
Textbooks are not required.
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.