Warning! This unit contains mature content and may not be suitable for some students. Any student under the age of 16 who would like to enrol in this unit must first complete a Parental Consent Form.
- Study skills
- Podcasting/Leacture capture
- Book of readings
You must either have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this unit, or currently be enrolled in the following subject(s); or enrol in the following subject(s) to study at the same time or prior to this subject:
- MUR-EQU081-Learning Uni Style
- MUR-EQU082-Knowledge in the Social Sciences: Understanding Social Change
Completion of or joint enrolment with, EQU081 Learning Uni Style and EQU082 Knowledge in the Social Sciences: Understanding Social Change. English competence as per Murdoch University policy is a prerequisite requirement of this subject.
- EquipmentDetails - Need ability to record video and voice (this can be the inbuilt camera and microphone of their computer).
Knowledge in the Arts: Revealing Global Issues is the third subject in the FlexiTrack preparation course that qualifies you to apply directly for any undergraduate degree at Murdoch University that has an indicative ATAR of 70 or less. This subject is made up of a series of engaging topics, which introduce students to knowledge in the arts, exploring global issues portrayed through contemporary media. Students build on academic skills such as researching, reviewing literature, essay writing, referencing and oral communication.
Please Note: This subject is only available for Domestic Students.
- Detailed Research and Essay Plan (20%)
- Critical Essay 30%+ meme submission 10% (40%)
- Reflective Blog (10%)
- Module Reflective Video Learning Journal (5 minutes in total) (30%)