Warning! This unit contains mature content and may not be suitable for some students. Any student under the age of 16 who would like to enrol in this unit must first complete a Parental Consent Form.
Knowledge in the Arts: Revealing Global Issues
If you’ve got your heart set on studying the arts, this course will help to pave your way. Strengthen your core academic skills including writing, researching, and referencing, while you learn about key concepts and current issues in the arts.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 25 Nov 2019
- 02 Mar 2020
- 01 Jun 2020
- 31 Aug 2020
- 30 Nov 2020
This research-based university in Perth has a strong interdisciplinary focus and a reputation for outstanding teaching and ground-breaking research. With more than 22,000 students and 2,000 staff from over 90 countries, and campuses in Dubai and Singapore, Murdoch embraces free thinking, shared ideas and knowledge to make a difference, and Open Universities Australia is certainly part of that.
Times Higher Education Ranking
At the completion of this subject students will be able to have:
- study skills such as time management and organisation and interpersonal communication
- academic skills including: critical academic reading, oral communication, critical thinking, research planning, researching , essay writing information seeking and management, and use of learning technologies (e.g. computers and libraries)
- conceptual understandings of: knowledge in the arts, the purposes and processes of media and the roles of individuals and groups as producers of knowledge
- attributes that promote success at university such as persistence, self-management and commitment
- Study skills
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Book of readings
You must either have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject, or enrol in the following subject(s) to study at the same time or prior to this subject:
Completion of or joint enrolment with, EQU081 Learning Uni Style and EQU082 Knowledge in the Social Sciences: Understanding Social Change. English competence as per Murdoch University policy is a prerequisite requirement of this subject.
- EquipmentDetails - Need ability to record video and voice (this can be the inbuilt camera and microphone of their computer).
Knowledge in the Arts: Revealing Global Issues is the third subject in the FlexiTrack preparation course that qualifies you to apply directly for any undergraduate degree at Murdoch University that has an indicative ATAR of 70 or less. This subject is made up of a series of engaging topics, which introduce students to knowledge in the arts, exploring global issues portrayed through contemporary media. Students build on academic skills such as researching, reviewing literature, essay writing, referencing and oral communication.
Please Note: This subject is only available for Domestic Students.
- Detailed Research and Essay Plan (20%)
- Critical Essay 30%+ meme submission 10% (40%)
- Reflective Blog (10%)
- Module Reflective Video Learning Journal (5 minutes in total) (30%)
Textbooks are not required.
Textbook information is pending.