Recognise the methods used to manage employee performance in the workplace.
Analyse performance from individual, team and organisational viewpoints. Take incentives like performance pay and rewards into account. Discuss appraisal and feedback.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 14 Mar 2022
- 18 Jul 2022
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- identify key concepts, frameworks, systems and techniques central to performance management
- identify theoretical principles underlying best practice in performance management
- link individual, team, and organisational performance
- apply performance management concepts and tools to the analysis of organisational performance systems
- develop and apply generic skills in the area of research, analysis and critical evaluation, and written communication.
- Introduction to course and performance management
- Performance management process
- Strategy and performance management
- Measuring performance
- Performance information and appraisal
- Performance management skills
- Developing employee performance
- Performance pay and rewards
- Implementing performance systems
- Legal issues and team performance
You are recommended to have completed the following subjects(s) or have equivalent knowledge before starting this subject:
- GRF-EHR205-Organisational Behaviour and Wellbeing
- GRF-EHR202-Strategic Human Resource Management
- MAQ-PSYX130-Organisational Behaviour (No longer available)
- MON-MAN22 (Not currently available)
- Equipment requirements - Audio/Visual equipment
This subject examines the concepts, principles and systems associated with managing employee performance in the workplace.
Links will be made between individual, team, and organisational performance perspectives and students will be provided with an understanding of the performance management practices and complexities of appraisal, feedback and development.
- Online Exam (40%)
- Online Quiz (20%)
- Assignment (40%)
Current study term: 28 Nov 21 to 27 Feb 22
Performance Management 4th ed.
Next study term: 13 Mar 22 to 10 Jun 22
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.