Recognise the methods used to manage employee performance in the workplace.
Analyse performance from individual, team and organisational viewpoints. Take incentives like performance pay and rewards into account. Discuss appraisal and feedback.
Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
- 30 Nov 2020
With a network of campuses across Brisbane and the Gold Coast, Griffith University is committed to progressive multidisciplinary teaching and research and a valuable online provider with Open Universities Australia. Already attracting students from more than 122 countries, Griffith's dedication to academic excellence is available across Australia through OUA.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- identify key concepts, frameworks, systems and techniques central to performance management
- identify theoretical principles underlying best practice in performance management
- link individual, team, and organisational performance
- apply performance management concepts and tools to the analysis of organisational performance systems
- develop and apply generic skills in the area of research, analysis and critical evaluation, and written communication.
- Introduction to course and performance management
- Performance management process
- Strategy and performance management
- Measuring performance
- Performance information and appraisal
- Performance management skills
- Developing employee performance
- Performance pay and rewards
- Implementing performance systems
- Legal issues and team performance
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Chat Rooms
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Standard Media
- Web links
You are recommended to have completed the following subjects(s) or have equivalent knowledge before starting this subject:
- GRF-EHR205-Organisational Behaviour
- MAQ-PSYX130-Organisational Behaviour
- GRF-EHR202-Human Resource Management Principles
- EquipmentDetails - Audio/Visual equipment
This subject examines the concepts, principles and systems associated with managing employee performance in the workplace.
Links will be made between individual, team, and organisational performance perspectives and students will be provided with an understanding of the performance management practices and complexities of appraisal, feedback and development.
- Invigilated Exam (40%)
- Online Quiz (20%)
- Assignment (40%)
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.