- Introduction to Change Management
- Strategy and Change
- HRM and Organisational Change
- Change and Sustainability
- Power and Resistance to Change
- Leadership for change
- Change tools and organisational structures
- Measuring, Monitoring and Maintaining Change
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Chat Rooms
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Leacture capture
- Standard Media
- Web links
You cannot enrol in this unit if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
You are recommended to have completed the following subjects(s) or have equivalent knowledge before starting this unit:
- GRF-EHR205-Organisational Behaviour
- GRF-EHR202-Human Resource Management Principles
- GRF-EHR203-Recruitment and Selection
As this subject is a Level 3 subject, it is expected that students have a broad understanding of human resource management and have successfully completed Level 1 and 2 subjects in a HR Management major.
- EquipmentDetails - Audio/Visual equipment
Managers play an essential role in the success of organisational change and development. In this subject, students will be exposed to current research and practice of organisational change and development. They will be challenged to test their knowledge and skills by analysing practical organisational problems. Students will understand how sustainability issues are important for all organisations to consider, as these are creating a strong impetus for change.
Organisational change and development are concerned with the application of behavioural science knowledge and practice to help achieve greater organisational effectiveness. The focus is on improving the total organisational system within the larger economic, social and environmental context. This will enhance the organisation's capacity to understand its present functioning and better achieve its goals. At the conclusion of the subject, students will understand the principles that underlie the practice of organisational change and development. Students will be able to critically evaluate the relevance of theories and practices for management strategy in contemporary organisations.
As this subject is a Level 3 subject, it is expected that students have a broad understanding of human resource management and have successfully completed Level 1 and 2 subjects in a Human Resource Management major.
- Assignment 1 - Online Quiz (10%)
- Assignment 2 - Assignment 1 (40%)
- Assignment 3 - Assignment 2 (50%)