Applied Human Resource Management and Change
Determine the role of the manager during periods of organisational change and development. Critically evaluate theories of change. Suggest solutions to practical organisational problems. Monitor and measure the success of new organisational changes.
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
- 31 May 2021
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
After successfully completing this subject you should be able to:
1. Develop and extend your understanding of the role of human resource management in managing change and sustaining learning and development in organisations.
2. Critically evaluate and apply relevant theories, ideas and concepts relating to organisational change and development practices and human resource management issues.
3. Develop connections between scholarly learning and human resource professional practices through applying relevant tools, techniques and solutions to enhance work-readiness and employability skills.
- Introduction to Change Management
- Strategy and Change
- HRM and Organisational Change
- Change and Sustainability
- Power and Resistance to Change
- Leadership for change
- Change tools and organisational structures
- Measuring, Monitoring and Maintaining Change
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
You are recommended to have completed the following subjects(s) or have equivalent knowledge before starting this subject:
- GRF-EHR205-Organisational Behaviour and Wellbeing
- MAQ-PSYX130-Organisational Behaviour
- GRF-EHR202-Strategic Human Resource Management
- GRF-EHR203-Recruitment and Selection
As this subject is a Level 3 subject, it is expected that students have a broad understanding of human resource management and have successfully completed Level 1 and 2 subjects in a HR Management major.
- EquipmentDetails - Audio/Visual equipment
As this subject is a Level 3 subject, it is expected that students have a broad understanding of human resource management and have successfully completed Level 1 and 2 subjects in a Human Resource Management major.
- Weekly learning activities (10%)
- Assignment 1 (40%)
- Assignment 2 (50%)
Current study term: 30 May 21 to 29 Aug 21
Managing Organisational Change 3rd Ed.
Graetz, F., Rimmer, M., Smith, A., & Lawrence, A.