- Introduction to developing an art project proposal
- Production of artworks based on proposal
- Development and presentation of a body or work
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
- Audio-Video streaming
- Assignment 1 - Final Folio Assessment (50%)
- Assignment 2 - Project Presentation (35%)
- Assignment 3 - Project Proposal (15%)
Textbooks are subject to change within the academic year. Students are advised to purchase their books no earlier than one to two months before the start of a subject
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
- CUR-VSW21-Painting Fine Art Studio Strategies
- CUR-VSW22-Painting Fine Art Studio Processes
- CUR-VSW25-Sculpture Fine Art Studio Strategies
- CUR-VSW26-Sculpture Fine Art Studio Processes
- EquipmentDetails - Audio/Visual equipment
- OtherDetails -
- Other special requirement — Supply your own art materials and have access to a scanner and digital camera for documenting your artwork for assessment.
This subject was previously known as Sculpture: Art Project.
This subject is designed to introduce you to research methods relevant to contemporary art. You will develop skills in writing project proposals, initiating your own studio practice and presenting a body of artworks. You will engage in regular ongoing dialogue with staff and peers to discuss the progress and direction of studio project work based in sculpture.
You must supply your own art materials for this subject. It is also useful to have access to a digital camera and/or scanner for electronic submission of art for assessment.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.