- Audio/Video conferencing
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Printable format materials
- Resources and Links
- Audio-Video streaming
Level 2 subjects normally assume an introductory level of prior knowledge in this area, eg. from studying related Level 1 subjects or other relevant experience.
- EquipmentDetails - Audio/Visual equipment
- OtherDetails -
- Other special requirement — Supply your own art materials and have access to a digital camera and/or scanner for documenting your artwork for assessment.
This subject was previously known as Painting: Strategies and Materials.
This subject is designed to develop your capacity for research-based enquiry into skills, techniques, methods and processes of fine art. You will undertake a practical engagement of studio based research through staff and/or student designed projects. You will work towards presenting a body of artworks that investigate art making strategies and material exploitation based in painting.
You must supply your own art materials for this subject. It is also useful to have access to a digital camera and/or scanner for electronic submission of art for assessment.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Assignment 1 - Final Folio Assessment (60%)
- Assignment 2 - Studio Research Presentation (40%)
Textbooks are subject to change within the academic year. Students are advised to purchase their books no earlier than one to two months before the start of a subject