Master of Marketing Management
Make waves in marketing
Tackle advanced marketing philosophy, theory and principles – developing the skills to unpack problems and execute solutions on a grand scale. Hone your ability to analyse, articulate, and think critically through creative solutions. Own your field.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- 25 Jun 23
Australia’s fourth oldest university, the University of Tasmania, is highly regarded internationally for teaching and academic excellence. The university offers more than 100 undergraduate degrees and more than 50 postgraduate programs across a range of disciplines. The university offers students a diverse range of opportunities, the chance to learn from leading experts, and excellent preparation for their future careers.
Learn more about UTAS.
Explore UTAS courses.
QS Ranking 2023
Times Higher Education Ranking 2023
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
Upon successful completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Apply contemporary marketing philosophies, theories, and principles to address and solve marketing problems and in a variety of contexts.
- Utilise advanced marketing language and communication skills (written and oral) to persuade diverse stakeholders, and negotiate mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Execute market research to solve complex marketing problems.
- Critically reflect upon contemporary marketing practices and the impact on your personal and professional development independently and collaboratively.
- Research, plan, implement and manage marketing projects to deliver outcomes within specified deadlines while employing ethical and sustainable practice.
Marketing is at the centre of what makes any business successful, so it’s crucial for leaders in an organisation to know how and why it works. This advanced marketing degree will prepare you for mid to senior level roles in marketing management or general management.
Examples of roles this course will prepare you for include:
- Marketing Manager
- Brand and/or Product Manager
- Marketing Consultant
- Marketing Research Analyst
- Digital Sales Executive
- Social Media and Digital Marketing Specialist
- Account Manager
- Advertising Manager
- Consumer Insights Manager /Marketing and Digital Insights Analyst
- Communications Manager
Our graduates have exceptional career outcomes. 90% of our postgraduate business and management students find full-time employment within 4 months of graduating (Source: 2017 Graduate Outcomes Survey).
Successful completion of an Australian Bachelor degree or equivalent
Successful completion of an Australian Bachelor degree or equivalent in cognate area:
- Marketing OR
Sem 2 intake only available to students with a cognate background / eligible for credit for transition block. Not available to students who have a degree that is not in a cognate area listed above.
The University of Tasmania grants credit and recognition of prior learning that may include formal and/or informal prior learning. More information is available here. https://www.utas.edu.au/study/apply/admission-requirements/recognition-of-prior-learning.
Global and local business landscapes are experiencing unprecedented changes driven by Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, Internet-of-things and more. This shift is altering the socio-economic and cultural fabric of our society, impacting consumer lifestyle and well-being.
Dynamic market conditions have drastically changed the role of marketing professions within organisations. Contemporary Marketing Practitioners require a high level of digital literacy and creative problem-solving skills to serve new-age customers through data-driven decisions.
The Master of Marketing Management will prepare you for mid-level and senior-level marketing positions. You will study marketing theories and strategies across Digital and Social Media Marketing, Marketing Insights into Big Data, New Product and Service Development, Integrated Marketing Communications, Strategic Brand Management and more. You’ll also develop an understanding of differences and commonalities between global and local marketing issues and how to resolve them by leveraging relevant marketing skills.
Please note: Due to subject availabilities, Semester 2 commencement is only available to students with a cognate background.
Recommended Study Pattern
The following study pattern is recommended for full-time student:
- TAS-BMA506 Foundations of Marketing
- TAS-BMA604 Consumer Decision-Making
- TAS-BMA606 Services Marketing
- TAS-BMA610 Digital and Social Media Marketing
- TAS-BMA611 Market Research and Decision-Making
- TAS-BMA708 Marketing Insights into Big Data
- TAS-BMA709 Strategic Marketing Management
- TAS-BMA710 Strategic Brand Marketing
- TAS-BMA736 Integrated Marketing Communications
- TAS-BMA737 New Product and Service Development
- TAS-BMA738 Business to Business Marketing
- TAS-BMA785 International Marketing
- TAS-BAA704 Research Methods and Analysis
- TAS-BAA710 Data Analysis and Management
- Select one subject from the followings*:
- TAS-BAA709 Corporate Internship
- TAS-BMA798 Business Project
*TAS-BAA709 and TAS-BMA798 are 25 credit points subjects (equivalent to 2 standard subjects).
Satisfactory completion of 15 subjects, as required in the schedule, within 2-5 years from commencement.
You can apply direct through Open Universities Australia.
Once you've checked your eligibility, apply and enrol for this degree following the steps.
Select ‘Apply now’
Choose subjects to begin your application. You can choose 1 or 2 subjects to start.
Complete your details
Provide your details and select a funding option. You can pay up-front or apply for government funding in your application.
We're here to help answer your questions. Our friendly student advisors provide 7 day support.