Master of Marketing Management
Make waves in marketing
Tackle advanced marketing philosophy, theory and principles – developing the skills to unpack problems and execute solutions on a grand scale. Hone your ability to analyse, articulate, and think critically through creative solutions. Own your field.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
Graduates who successfully satisfy the requirements of this degree should be able to:
- Apply contemporary marketing philosophies, theories, and principles to address and solve marketing problems and opportunities in a variety of contexts.
- Utilise advanced marketing language and communication skills (written and oral) to persuade diverse stakeholders, and negotiate mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Execute market research to solve complex marketing problems.
- Critically reflect upon contemporary marketing practices and the impact on your personal and professional development independently and collaboratively.
- Research, plan, implement and manage marketing projects to deliver outcomes within specified deadlines while employing ethical and sustainable practice.
Marketing is at the centre of what makes any business successful, so it’s crucial for leaders in an organisation to know how and why it works. This advanced marketing degree will prepare you for mid to senior level roles in marketing management or general management.
Examples of roles this course will prepare you for include:
- Marketing Manager
- Brand and/or Product Manager
- Marketing Consultant
- Research Analyst
- Sales Executive
- Social Media and Digital Marketing Specialist
- Account Manager
- Advertising Manager
Our graduates have exceptional career outcomes. 90% of our postgraduate business and management students find full-time employment within 4 months of graduating (Source: 2017 Graduate Outcomes Survey).
The Tasmanian School of Business and Economics at the University of Tasmania is a member of the Australian Marketing Institute (AMI) which offers opportunities for students to be Associate Members and to develop a relationship with the local branch.
For admission to the Master of Marketing Management, students need to have:
- A completed undergraduate or postgraduate degree, in any discipline, at Bachelor level or higher.
Advanced Standing is the recognition of prior studies, from either another institution or another course at this university, that may count towards the requirements for the degree you are applying for at the University of Tasmania. For more information visit the UTAS website.
Global and local business landscapes are experiencing unprecedented changes driven by Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, Internet-of-things and more. This shift is altering the socio-economic and cultural fabric of our society, impacting consumer lifestyle and well-being.
Dynamic market conditions have drastically changed the role of marketing professions within organisations. Contemporary Marketing Practitioners require a high level of digital literacy and creative problem-solving skills to serve new-age customers through data-driven decisions.
The Master of Marketing Management will prepare you for mid-level and senior-level marketing positions. You will study marketing theories and strategies across Digital and Social Media Marketing, Marketing Insights into Big Data, New Product and Service Development, Integrated Marketing Communications, Strategic Brand Management and more. You’ll also develop an understanding of differences and commonalities between global and local marketing issues and how to resolve them by leveraging relevant marketing skills.
Please note: Due to subject availabilities, Semester 2 commencement is only available to students with a cognate background.
Recommended Study Pattern
The following study pattern is recommended for full-time student:
- TAS-BMA506 Foundations of Marketing
- TAS-BMA604 Consumer Decision-Making
- TAS-BMA606 Services Marketing
- TAS-BMA610 Digital and Social Media Marketing
- TAS-BMA611 Market Research and Decision-Making
- TAS-BMA708 Marketing Insights into Big Data
- TAS-BMA709 Strategic Marketing Management
- TAS-BMA710 Strategic Brand Marketing
- TAS-BMA736 Integrated Marketing Communications
- TAS-BMA737 New Product and Service Development
- TAS-BMA738 Business to Business Marketing
- TAS-BMA785 International Marketing
- TAS-BAA704 Research Methods and Analysis
- TAS-BAA710 Data Analysis and Management
- Select one subject from the followings*:
- TAS-BAA709 Corporate Internship
- TAS-BMA798 Business Project
*TAS-BAA709 and TAS-BMA798 are 25 credit points subjects (equivalent to 2 standard subjects).
To successfully complete this degree, students complete a total of 15 subjects
You can apply direct through Open Universities Australia.
Once you've checked your eligibility, apply and enrol for this degree following the steps.
Select ‘Apply now’
Choose subjects to begin your application. You can choose 1 or 2 subjects to start.
Complete your details
Provide your details and select a funding option. You can pay up-front or apply for government funding in your application.
We're here to help answer your questions. Our friendly student advisors provide 7 day support.