Master of Marketing
Expertise in the latest marketing theories and technologies
Go well beyond the fundamentals into the arena of market research, brand strategy, and advanced consumer behaviour. Build your confidence to operate beyond the marketing department with influence across the entire business.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- 18 Feb 24
- 18 Feb 24
- 30 Jun 24
- 30 Jun 24
With a network of campuses spanning three cities in South East Queensland, Griffith University is committed to progressive multidisciplinary teaching and research and a valuable online provider with Open Universities Australia. Already attracting students from over one hundred countries, Griffith's dedication to academic excellence is available across Australia through OUA.
Learn more about Griffith.
Explore Griffith courses.
QS Ranking 2024
Times Higher Education Ranking 2024
What you'll learn
Graduates of a Master of Marketing will have an:
- Advanced knowledge and a contemporary understanding of existing and emerging marketing methodologies including those relating to branding, advertising and promotion, digital media, consumer behaviour, retailing, services, channels, metrics, strategy and entrepreneurships.
- Specialised knowledge and understanding of the principles and theory that underpin research within the marketing discipline.
This program will give you the foundation to advance your career in a range of industries and professions.
The Master of Marketing is accredited by the Australian Marketing Institute.
To be eligible for admission to the Master of Marketing you must have one of:
1 year program (80CP):
- A recognised Bachelor degree (or higher) in a *related discipline with a minimum grade point average of 4.0 using a 7.0 scale; AND a minimum 2 years full-time (or equivalent) relevant ^professional experience; OR A Griffith Graduate Certificate in Marketing with a minimum grade point average of 4.0 using a 7.0 scale.
1.5 Year program (120CP):
- A recognised Bachelor degree (or higher) in any discipline with a minimum grade point average of 4.0 using a 7.0 scale; OR A combination of alternative admission criteria such as formal, informal, and non-formal learning deemed to be equivalent to either of the above.
- A recognised Bachelor degree (or higher) in a *related discipline with a minimum grade point average of 4.0 using a 7.0 scale; OR A combination of alternative admission criteria such as formal, informal, and non-formal learning deemed to be equivalent to either of the above.
*Related Discipline: Marketing, Advertising, PR, Sales, Economics, Media Studies, Communication, International Business, Tourism
^Professional Experience: Marketing, Advertising, Sales, Customer Relationship Management, Digital Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Market Research, Brand Management, Communications, Content Marketing, PR. Roles requiring technical, specialist expertise or managerial/decision making functions with a broad knowledge of and/or skills in marketing and/or business; key concepts or principles in marketing and/or business are also considered professional experience.
English Proficiency Requirements
English language requirements apply to International applicants and other applicants whose previous study was undertaken in a language other than English. The minimum English language requirements for such applicants for entry to this program are as follows:
- A minimum overall band score of 6.5 on IELTS (Academic) with no sub-score of less than 6.0
- OR a minimum score of 575 on TOEFL
- OR an internet-based (iBT) TOEFL score of 79 (no sub-score less than 19)
- OR no score less than 3+ in each skill of the ISLPR (conducted by ISLPR Language Services only)
- OR a minimum overall score of 176 (no score less than 169) on C1 Advanced (formerly Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English) or C2 Proficiency (formerly Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English)
- OR an overall score of 58 in the Pearson Test of English (Academic) with no score less than 50.
English test results must be no more than two years old.
Credit for previous study or work
Reduce the time it takes to finish your degree. You can apply to Griffith to recognise your prior learning, including:
- Formal learning through courses completed at uni and TAFE.
- Informal learning through workplace experience or volunteer training.
- Non-formal learning through social experiences and hobbies.
Marketing is fast-paced, exciting and always challenging. It is an ideal career if you are creative, analytical and a good communicator. You will gain a solid base of knowledge and expertise in the latest techniques and technologies in consumer behaviour, market research and integrated marketing communications.
The Master of Marketing program builds on this foundation, where you will learn advanced marketing principles, best practice and new approaches to build customer relationships. Your studies will enable you to think strategically about value, positioning and competitive advantage in a global context through branding and digital marketing applications.
Degree structure details
Recommended Study Pattern
As a guide, core subjects in this degree can include:
- Integrated Marketing Communication
- Market Research
- Evaluating Marketing Performance
- Advanced Consumer Behaviour
Plus there's a selection of electives to choose from.
As part of your application, you’ll be guided through how to get the right degree structure in place for you.
For the award of Master of Marketing (MMark), if eligible to complete this program in 1.5 years you must acquire 120 credit points as prescribed below:
- Pathway 1 (1.5 years - Any bachelor degree) 40 credit points for the Foundation Module; AND 80 credit points for the Core Module.
- Pathway 2 (1.5 years - Related bachelor degree) 80 credit points for the Core Module; AND 40 credit points for the Flexible Module.
For the award of Master of Marketing (MMark), if eligible to complete this program in 1 year you must acquire 80 credit points as prescribed below:
- Pathway 3 (1 year - Griffith Graduate Certificate in Marketing OR Related bachelor degree AND minimum 2 years relevant work experience) 80 credit points for the Core Module.
This degree may be awarded with Distinction where a student achieves a minimum program GPA of 6.5 with no failed courses. The words "This award was achieved with Distinction" will be recorded on the testamur.